PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Ride **NO FENDERS**** finally

Velosmith
02-21-2009, 10:53 AM
It's finally going to 52 degrees and sunny in the Northwest. I"m headed out for a 70 mile 3067ft elevation ride. We are taking the fixed geared bikes for a good challenge. No fenders.... yea!!!!!!

Man it's been a long winter......

Tomorrow----- forecast 70% showers. Better get out there I guess.

See ya!

wasfast
02-21-2009, 07:19 PM
I've been amazed how many dry days we've had since January. I have 600 miles on my dry bike which usually doesn't see miles until at least April. Rainfall in Portland-Vancouver is 0.49" for February. Usual is over 4.00"

Having said that, tomorrow is Jack Frost TT. Forecast is 48 and raining. Should be lovely.

majorpat
02-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Having said that, tomorrow is Jack Frost TT. Forecast is 48 and raining. Should be lovely.

I'd eat a plate of broken glass for 48 degrees...

Velosmith
02-22-2009, 09:39 AM
What a great ride. Boy am I sore. We started with 8 riders and ended with 3. The beer tasted better than usual... :beer:

Yes it has been dry this year. However, it seems to rain just enough to have wet roads on the weekend.

You know the old joke..... What follows 2 days of rain in the Northwest??????

Monday. :D

Well I'm off on a recovery ride in the 42 degree showers.....

dsteady
02-22-2009, 10:10 AM
I've been amazed how many dry days we've had since January. I have 600 miles on my dry bike which usually doesn't see miles until at least April. Rainfall in Portland-Vancouver is 0.49" for February. Usual is over 4.00"

It's been pretty dry up here in Seattle too. I've got some good riding in this winter, sans-fenders. No 70 mile slogs though, good on ya'.

wasfast
02-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Turns out that we missed the rain this morning. Very high clouds and some sunshine. East wind at 10-12 made the North-South course a bit interesting a couple times on a 90mm deep front wheel.

About 3:00, the rain has come in full force and is supposed to for the next week.

PCR
02-23-2009, 01:01 AM
I rode a dry 28 miles Saturday up here by the US/CAN border, ran 8 miles in drizzle this morning. Anyone do the Chilly Hilly on Bainbridge Island?

Velosmith
02-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Yep. Dressed for rain that didn't come. It was a nice day. Wet roads from rain overnight but cleared out and the sun even showed for a little while.

I sure had nothing in my legs though.

Well,. happy work week everyone!!!