PDA

View Full Version : New to the family. My story

garysol1
02-20-2009, 04:03 PM
I have been a cyclist since 1980 or so and have been a passionate cyclist for the past 5 or so years. For these past 5 years I have been a dyed in the wool Specialized rider. I started with a Allez and graduated to a Tarmac then to a S-Works Tarmac. For a bad weather bike I purchased a Aluminum E5 S-Works bike. About 2 weeks ago I put my 2006 Tarmac up for sale on Ebay with the notion to purchase an 09 Tarmac SL2 as a replacement.
Note that my employer is a local bike shop here in Cleveland that carries Specialized, Serotta, Felt...etc.....
Just as I was about to order my new Specialized I got word that Serotta was having a dealer seminar and my boss asked me if I want to go to see Serotta from the inside out. I said sure and a few days later I was off to Saratoga Springs. I spent 2 days there learning everything I could about the brand by touring the plant, talking to the guys who make the bikes, the guys who market the bikes and the guy who signs there pay checks. By the time I left I was convinced that these guys are passionate about making the finest bike on the road no matter what the material the bike is made of. There passion apparently overflowed into me. Cutting to the chase I never did order the 09 SL2 but instead a minty new HSG Carbon in nude. I can barely sleep with all my thoughts on building the new bike and getting her out for a ride. Keep in mind this is coming from a guy who is surrounded by bikes on a daily basis. It takes A LOT to get me this excited about a bike. It is going to be a long 3 or so weeks until It arrives.

Louis
02-20-2009, 04:31 PM
It is going to be a long 3 or so weeks until It arrives.

Just in time for Spring :)

Pete Serotta
02-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Look forward to a ride report and comparison for the Specialized in no slouch.

Thanks PETE

Smiley
02-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Ready Custom or just plain Custom, mine is ordered 2 weeks ago and I hope it ships next week :)

garysol1
02-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Ready Custom or just plain Custom, mine is ordered 2 weeks ago and I hope ships next week :)

Ready Custom. My budget was a tad tight and I am a pretty easy fit. Let me know if you would when yours comes in. Did you go full custom or ready?

Smiley
02-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Ready Custom. My budget was a tad tight and I am a pretty easy fit. Let me know if you would when yours comes in. Did you go full custom or ready?
Ready Custom as this will become a demo frame for my fit business

rwsaunders
02-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Welcome to the NFL. :beer:

Skrawny
02-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Welcome!
Those here will be interested in pics of your bike(s), as well as the specs.
Remember to soften any jabs with a smiley, warn people of threads that contain spoilers (and don't put them in the title!) and that nobody wins a flame war.
And before you ask: "ATMO" means "According To My Opinion"
:beer:
-s

Blue Jays
02-20-2009, 06:09 PM
Sounds good. Enjoy the new bicycle in good health!

thwart
02-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Welcome! Those here will be interested in pics of your bike(s), as well as the specs. Remember to soften any jabs with a smiley, warn people of threads that contain spoilers (and don't put them in the title!) and that nobody wins a flame war. And before you ask: "ATMO" means "According To My Opinion" That should be a sticky... ;)

Good to hear the folks at Serotta are doing their work so well. That's a great, enthusiastic post!

garysol1
02-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Welcome!
Those here will be interested in pics of your bike(s), as well as the specs.

Will do!!

Volant
02-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Welcome! Keep hands in at all times and enjoy the ride!