PDA

View Full Version : Should I paint my Hors?

mtflycaster
12-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Hi all -

Thinking about painting my Hors, which currently is unpainted except for the F1 Fork.

I kinda like the Indy paint scheme as shown on an Hors in the 1998 catalog. But my question really is whether or not the paint will be durable on top of the titanium. Will it chip any more easily than paint on steel (assuming the repaint is done by Serotta or JB)?

Experiences? Comments?

Thanks.

Peter

C:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\My Pictures\Indy Paint 4

dave thompson
12-06-2004, 12:05 PM
I was considering getting it painted in the 'Sizzler' paint scheme. I even bought the decals for the job. A good example of Sizzler is here: http://www.bikefanclub.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=625&password=&sort=1&cat=507&page=1

SoCalSteve
12-06-2004, 12:31 PM
When I had my Hors Cat, I had it repainted by Serotts, Porsche Bebbe to Pearl white fade with white decals. Very beautiful!

Very expensive too. But, I am sure that, with proper care, you will have no problem with durability.

Good luck!

Steve

geezohwiz
12-06-2004, 01:06 PM
I think that a paint scheme really personalizes your bike. It is a reflection of your personality and tastes. That's the nice thing about custom...even though you have the same bicycle as someone else, your component and paint selections make it unique.

mtflycaster
12-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Thanks, guys.

By the way, if I go with Serotta, can I deal with them directly or must I work through a bike shop?

Pete

csb
12-06-2004, 02:44 PM
rusty spinner