PDA

View Full Version : Chipotle gets it free!

Richard
02-18-2009, 07:15 AM
So, I'm watching the coverage and hear multiple times about the Garmin/Chipotle team. I wonder how long it will take before Slipstream decides that sponsorship is a loosing proposition at this point? Sponsorship is hard to come by in this sport. I would have hoped (I'm sure Slipstream would have hoped that it would have been right all along) that by the 3rd stage, the announcers would have gotten it right.

e-RICHIE
02-18-2009, 07:28 AM
... I would have hoped (I'm sure Slipstream would have hoped that it would have been right all along) that by the 3rd stage, the announcers would have gotten it right.

the announcers are the alzheimers of the sport, and the alzheimers has returned atmo.

jt2gt
02-18-2009, 09:28 AM
the announcers are the alzheimers of the sport, and the alzheimers has returned atmo.

+1...best thing I have read all morning. Thank God...there is not a drinking game based around taking a swig everytime they make a mistake, we would all be drunk typing during every major race.

JT

fourflys
02-18-2009, 09:41 AM
+1...best thing I have read all morning. Thank God...there is not a drinking game based around taking a swig everytime they make a mistake, we would all be drunk typing during every major race.

JT

But you could make a game for everytime Phil says "in a spot of bother..." :)

MarcusPless
02-18-2009, 10:16 AM
But you could make a game for everytime Phil says "in a spot of bother..." :)

It's been done (http://www.geocities.com/fourlakes_99/home/cycling/pnpbingo.htm) . :D

SoCalSteve
02-18-2009, 10:38 AM

JT

I believe its Paul and Phil who are doing MOST of the drinking...I have heard from a pretty reliable source that they like their drink and start pretty early in the day...

Kind of explains alot, doesnt it?

Just sayin'

Steve

GuyGadois
02-18-2009, 10:47 AM
I believe its Paul and Phil who are doing MOST of the drinking...I have heard from a pretty reliable source that they like their drink and start pretty early in the day...

Kind of explains alot, doesnt it?

Just sayin'

Steve

Confirmed by Bob Roll at a talk he did at a LBS last week. He said that during the older TDF interviews he was quite tipsy or hung and that Paul and Phil can seriously drink. Paul, Bob said, can drink anyone under the table.

:beer:

Birddog
02-18-2009, 10:55 AM
I think an Erin Andrews type would really improve the broadcast.
http://rushthecourt.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/erin-andrews-at-penn-st.jpg

BdaGhisallo
02-18-2009, 10:56 AM
One thing to keep in mind is that Slipstream is the name of the management company of J Vaughters that owns the team. They are not a commercial sponsor like Garmin or Chipotle, so they probably don't care a whit whether the Slipstream name gets heard. It's just like the Columbia-High Road team. High Road is the name of the management company that owns the team, and does not produce anything that needs to be advertised.

jlwdm
02-18-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't know how much Slipstream Sports cares. I have never been able to find out much about them. It just seems like a name created by the owner who started the team to have a team and to get involved in drug testing. It has never seemed like a sponsor in the normal sense.

Phil and Paul are always clueless but at least Chipotle is some sort of a lesser sponsor still for the team.

Jeff

jlwdm
02-18-2009, 11:32 AM
I was interrupted while typing my message and see in the meantime that BdaGhisallo already made my point.

Jeff

jhcakilmer
02-18-2009, 12:13 PM
I think an Erin Andrews type would really improve the broadcast.
http://rushthecourt.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/erin-andrews-at-penn-st.jpg

+1......they need some new blood.....