PDA

View Full Version : My pic of the day--California style

Steve in SLO
02-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Some days I ride because it is a beautiful day.
Today was not one of them.
I rode for the fun of getting muddy and having a cold one.
I hope your day was good, too.

Satellite
02-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Nice Firestone Double Barrel, I travel to California often and being from Colorado the micro brew capital of the US; it took all of my beer sniffing talents to search out a micro brew while in California. I finally found you guessed it Firestone Brewery. I initally went to firestone in SLO turned out it was just a pub that was built in an old Fire Stone Tire building oops. :crap: The next night we went to Buellton and hit jack pot. :beer: California is full of a bunch of wineos :help: beautiful country to ride through but at the end of the day I want a quality BEEEEER!

Steve in SLO
02-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Satellite,
I hear you. Living in wine country is nice for riding, but I feel lowbrow when I go to a restaraunt and they hand me the wine list and I ask for a beer. The Firestone brewpub in Buellton is great. I stopped off there after a race a few weeks ago. The beer tasted good, really good.

PCR
02-16-2009, 11:15 PM
:beer: Nice shot Steve, I did the same yesterday and had a Boundary Bay Brewery Dry Irish Stout. Ps, I have the same Keen sandals too. :beer:

jeffg
02-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Satellite,
I hear you. Living in wine country is nice for riding, but I feel lowbrow when I go to a restaraunt and they hand me the wine list and I ask for a beer. The Firestone brewpub in Buellton is great. I stopped off there after a race a few weeks ago. The beer tasted good, really good.

That area should take a page from the Black Forest (where I used to live). Awesome beer and wonderful but undersung wine. Snobbery is just silly.

As for today's ride -- it would have been great other than the hour waiting for the ToC peloton on Tunitas in the 30s and a downpour ... I guess shivering burns more calories

xjoex
02-17-2009, 08:11 AM
Envious of warm riding again. Everything is still frozen here, but soon enough... I can get muddy again.

-Joe