PDA

View Full Version : DT Swiss Rims - RR 1.1

Ozz
01-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Has anyone used these or know a shop that carries them?

They look pretty comparable to the ubiquitous Open Pros - at least on paper.

I'm thinking of building up a set of "everyday" wheels, but want something a little different...

Check them out here:

http://www.dtswiss.com/index.asp?fuseaction=rims.bikedetail&id=8

hypnos
01-11-2004, 07:27 PM
Those rims would have paired well with my Hugi hubs. Too bad they were not available last year. The mountain version of those rims are available at serveral online retailers. You may have to get your LBS to order the road version. A list of distributors can be found on their website.

Ozz
01-12-2004, 08:16 AM
The list on their website is for distributors - I'll check with my bike shop about ordering them.

I did find a shop in Australia that has sells via web. They wanted about $115 AUD - that comes out to about $90 USD. So they are a bit more pricey than the open pros.

Thanks.

Keith A
01-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Looks like a nice rim. In comparison to the Mavic Open Pro, it is 5 grams lighter, 0.3mm more narrow and 2.8mm taller.

I would speculate that DT will be adding a wheelset in the near future. Since they now make all of the parts that make up a wheel, it would be a logical step to get in on what appears to be a lucrative part of the wheel business.

Too bad they did use the offset technology for the rear, as this seems to good make sense.