PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Serotta Catalog

Smiley
12-12-2003, 09:29 AM
Just got my supply yesterday, read it cover to cover. Very nice and I must say, Ben and company never seize to amaze me on all the new stuff they put in each new years catalog. I had wished for more bike pictures though. Has anybody seen the photo of the USPS cyclist leaning on his Ottrott equipped with a FRAME pump, I first I thought it was Bruce K. , why a frame pump on such a lovely bike, old habits take long to die, my guess.

Keith A
12-12-2003, 09:32 AM
Didn't Serotta used to have a website to request a catalog? I couldn't find it just now.

Smiley -- how did you request your catalog?

Len J
12-12-2003, 09:36 AM
I liked the catalog.

Did you notice that not one bike in the catalog had spacers?

Did you notice that they continue to de-emphasize the CSI?

The writing in the catalog was great. I thought the pictures of the bikes could have made it easier to see the beauth in the bikes. I also liked some of the new paint schemes.

My decals are no longer available (white with Gold outline).

Len

gt6267a
12-12-2003, 11:44 AM
Is the catalogue in PDF format?

Russ
12-12-2003, 01:16 PM
In IMHO,

I think the catalog looks nicer than the previous years. The only problem I found was that the pictures are a bit weird. Perhaps this is the style of the photographer, but I think may pictures are too fussy, or dark, or taken in the wrong place.

The same is true for the look of the 2004 web site. I think a bike, especially a Serotta, looks awful on a black background.

PS
Keith, call any Serotta dealer. They will send a catalog to you. Wheat Ridge has a 800 number I think.

dnovo
12-12-2003, 03:17 PM
The 2004 catalog is very nice. From a technical standpoint, the detailed information in the 2000 and 2001 catalogs are hard to top, but the production values this year are excellent.

I am very interested in the new steel tubing they have shifted over to as described in the new catalog. My dealer, Alberto's, just got in a CXII which uses the new tubing in road geom and a 'flame' paint scheme for Brendan to use as a personal bike. (Now you know why were are simpatico, we both like loud paint schemes) and even though it is a touch big for me I am hoping to try it out. D