PDA

View Full Version : cycling tv

coopdog
02-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Well, I'm trying to go to cyclingtv to sign up and watch the ToC, but I can't even get to the home page. I guess I won't be forking over my dough.

Big-d
02-16-2009, 06:31 PM
cycling.tv can be glitchy
Amgen has a site up that has free live coverage & recaps , etc.
http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/race-live/video.html
BigD

Ray
02-16-2009, 06:48 PM
I was a premium member for a couple of seasons. Had pretty bad luck with it. I'd have a good connection going and then it would drop at a key part of a race and could take quite a while to re-establish itself. When it was working at higher resolution, it was pretty good, but it just never worked consistently enough for me to re-up. I heard the same thing from enough people to figure it probably wasn't me or my gear.

-Ray

jhcakilmer
02-16-2009, 07:11 PM
I was a premium member for a couple of seasons. Had pretty bad luck with it. I'd have a good connection going and then it would drop at a key part of a race and could take quite a while to re-establish itself. When it was working at higher resolution, it was pretty good, but it just never worked consistently enough for me to re-up. I heard the same thing from enough people to figure it probably wasn't me or my gear.

-Ray

+1....really wish they'd work out the bugs. I'd be more willing to shell out the cash if the service was worth it.

The ToC site is great, but also is not really reliable when weather is bad, or riders are under heavy foliage, or the plane that transmits the signal has been grounded.......