PDA

View Full Version : shoes

dsimon
12-05-2004, 12:03 AM
carnac? or sidi? i currently have sidi and love them but its about time for a new pair what should i get :rolleyes:

93legendti
12-05-2004, 12:25 AM
I'm on my 6th pair of Sidis...

Rich_W
12-05-2004, 01:44 AM
DMT RSXs are worth a look. After trying Carnac Quartz (too wide), and Genius 4 Carbons (too narrow)... the RSXs were just right :)

My fav so far. I just ordered a second set for next season.

dirtdigger88
12-05-2004, 05:23 AM
DMT RSXs are worth a look. After trying Carnac Quartz (too wide), and Genius 4 Carbons (too narrow)... the RSXs were just right :)

My fav so far. I just ordered a second set for next season.

Just like the Campy - Shimano thing- which ever fits you. I have narrow feet, I ride Sidis

jason

Kevin
12-05-2004, 05:24 AM
For off the rack shoes I am a fan of Sidis. But I have a very narrow foot. I have moved on to customs and I am very happy with my Rocket 7s.

Kevin

keno
12-05-2004, 07:15 AM
don't fix it, particularly as to shoes.

keno

itsalldark
12-08-2004, 05:52 PM
I wold spend the extra $ and go for a pair of shoes made by Rocket Seven! They have a full custom and a semi-custom program. After wearing a pair of these you will never complain about your feet again!

Bill Bove
12-08-2004, 06:43 PM
Nike's are very nice. I'm pretty sure that they are made by DMT in Italy but you get that " patriotic, buy American" swoosh.

Elefantino
12-08-2004, 07:33 PM
carnac? or sidi? i currently have sidi and love them but its about time for a new pair what should i get :rolleyes:

Why in the world would you change? Nothing worse than screwing with a good thing, particularly with feet. It'd be like changing saddles.

Stick with what you love, love with what you ... :no:

woolly
12-08-2004, 08:17 PM
When my older Sidi's finally started to wear, I thought I might like to replace them w/ something with just a tad more room in the toe box. Got a pair of Carnac's, and they felt great when trying them on. But, it didn't take very many miles to figure out that they were not for me. Never could find a cleat position that felt right. So, I got a pair of the latest-model Sidi's (which I was told had a slightly different fit than my old ones), and went up half a size. Ahhhhhhhhh, THAT'S what I was looking for.

With shoes & saddles, YMM_really_V.

- CC

DollarBill
12-08-2004, 08:32 PM
Take a look at the Nike Lance II. Very nice, stiff carbon sole. Very comfortable. Expensive at $300.

BumbleBeeDave
12-08-2004, 08:37 PM
. . . so much I have three pairs, two of Energy’s and one of Genius. I particularly like the consistency--put ‘em on, wear ‘em for maybe three miles until the leather warms to your foot, snug down those buckles, and you‘re good for the next 70 miles. I picked up a pair of PI Vortex’s on eBay because they were the ones with the orange flames on them and what a difference! The carbon soles are nice and stiff, but there are some seams in some inconvenient spots on the inside of the shoe and the holes for the LOOK cleats are too far forward--I have the cleats as far back toward the heel as I can shove them and it’s. Just. Barely. Enough. But the uppers are a different material from the sidi’s--it doesn’t stretch as it warms so you don’t have to adjust the straps.

But overall, you can’t beat the Sidi’s! Easy to find good prices on them on eBay, too!

BBDave

jerk
12-08-2004, 09:36 PM
the jerk likes diadora...give'em a shot. carnacs are a super high volume shoe and if sidis work for you chances are carnacs won't. even the sidi megas, while wide are substantially lower volume than carnacs.
jerk

Alan
12-08-2004, 09:50 PM
If you read the article in Velonews awhile back they really liked the Sidis the best and they were among the cheapest shoes. I believe they were testing the carbon soled shoes. I like Sidis as I have narrow feet and they come in 3 different widths. Whatever shoes you buy I'd get some good insoles or custom orthotics. They are very worthwhile. I have custom orthotics due to foot problems. For good insoles see:

http://www.yoursole.com/cgi-bin/edge/splash_buy_now?product_category=SOLE_REGULAR

chrisroph
12-09-2004, 10:18 AM
Easy. Buy what fits you best. Shoes are like women.....

Brian
12-09-2004, 02:52 PM
I love my Specialized Pro Carbon shoes. They are light, stiff and comfortable. They also save you a few bucks over some of the other brands mentioned above and they look great. A bunch of people in my club have started wearing them and they all love the shoe.

Cycling news recently posted a review of the shoe and it got high marks. You can read the review here: http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2004/reviews/specialized_carbon_pro_road_shoe

Oh, the shoes come in black for those not into Super Mario white look...

ThomasAylesbury
12-10-2004, 05:33 PM
I have just received a custom pair of D squared cycling shoes. They appear to be well made. Extremely light. I tried them on and they seem perfect fit. Fit kit was easy to use. I will not be using them till spring, it is winter where I live and I will post in the spring.