PDA

View Full Version : Serotta gift exchange

William
12-04-2004, 07:33 PM
So,
I was looking through the new Nashbar catalog and lusting after some parts when the idea struck me. Would anyone be interested in doing a Serotta forum gift exhange? I think it might be a fun & festive thing for us to do for the holidays.
If you are interested, post on this thread saying so by the 10th of December. I will draw the names and announce the pairs on the 11th. The pairs can then exchange address info by pm's and send their gifts to each other. After Christmas we can post info about what we recieved from each other.

$15.00 limit.
Keep it tasteful...though gag gifts ok.
Feel free to add any other guidelines.

Let me know what you think. If you all like the idea... :cool:
If not, hey, Happy Holidays anyway. :)

William

Frank
12-04-2004, 08:11 PM
Sounds like fun to me...count me in. This would be a great way to exchange some vintage stuff.

Frank

Santa Claus
12-04-2004, 08:32 PM
The last time I signed up for something like this, it really got out of hand.

Santa

BumbleBeeDave
12-04-2004, 10:22 PM
It’s a nice idea, William, and I appreciate the sentiment--but last time I signed up for something like this “Santa Claus” drew my name and I ended up with nothing but some lumps of coal in my seat bag! :rolleyes:

BBDave

Rapid Tourist
12-05-2004, 07:19 AM
Count me in :banana:

William
12-06-2004, 03:17 AM
Ok,
We have a start. Two (maybe three...not sure if Santa is in or out), only 1637 more members to go :rolleyes: . So far this is going over like a Lead Zepplin. :rolleyes: A slow start but I'm sure folks will want to join in the fun... :banana: ...at least I'm hoping they will.

Come on folks, have some fun.:)

William

Tom Robison
12-06-2004, 07:22 AM
The way things are going around here lately, if my gift wasn't received by 12/7 I'd surely end up on "The List". Even if it wasn't due until 12/25.

William
12-09-2004, 04:34 PM
I don't have an empassioned plea such as our elder statesman "young" Sandy. But I did think that we would get a few more participants from the regular crowd that hangs out in this fine forum.

We have one more day until my suggested deadline (but by no means set in stone ;) ) so I'll bring the thread back up to see if we have any more folks who would like to join in the fun.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

William :)

Frank
12-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Christmas is drawing near...

So,
I was looking through the new Nashbar catalog and lusting after some parts when the idea struck me. Would anyone be interested in doing a Serotta forum gift exhange? I think it might be a fun & festive thing for us to do for the holidays.
If you are interested, post on this thread saying so by the 10th of December. I will draw the names and announce the pairs on the 11th. The pairs can then exchange address info by pm's and send their gifts to each other. After Christmas we can post info about what we recieved from each other.

$15.00 limit.
Keep it tasteful...though gag gifts ok.
Feel free to add any other guidelines.

Let me know what you think. If you all like the idea... :cool:
If not, hey, Happy Holidays anyway. :)

William

William
12-16-2004, 05:31 AM
Sorry Frank,
I was getting wrapped up with other things.

Ok, so I wrote down all the names on slips of paper and put them into a large bowl. Mrs. William supervised to make sure that everything was on the up & up and that no cheating or stacking of the deck could take place. Rhea the Basset covered the floor to make sure that if a piece of paper dropped out she would be on it in a flash to cover it up.

With out further adieu, the drawing will commence: (Drum roll please)

First name drawn: Frank

Second name drawn: Rapid Tourist

This is our first pair!!! :banana:

(clash of symbols)
And thus commences the first annual Serotta Gift Exchange 2004.:hello:

Selected pairs should exchange address info by pm's and send their gifts to each other. After Christmas please post info to share with the forum what you recieved from each other.

Remember:
$15.00 limit.
Keep it tasteful...though gag gifts ok. :D

This has been fun. And next year it will be even bigger and better!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!! :banana:

William :)