PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale six thirteen

dirtdigger88
12-04-2004, 06:09 PM
I had a chance to ride one today. Big Shark had the demo fleet today so I even got to ride one in my size. I only put about 6 or 7 miles on it but here it my impression. It rides like a Cannondale. I don't mean that as a bad thing at all- but I was suprised. It did not feel much different that many of the all aluminum C'Dales that I have ridden over the years. I was really expecting a more comfortable ride. Maybe it absorbs the road better than the all al. models- but it sure can't compare to my Legend. The Legend- you feel that you are riding over the bumps and cracks in the road in that you know they are there- but very muted. On the C'dale they were very much in your face (or but). The bike was wicked light and very stiff at the BB. I sorta liked the FSA "wing" carbon bars but I don't see me ever buying some. The saddle however- much different story. It had an Arione by Fizik. That was THE most comfortable saddle my bum has ever felt. So much so that my Flite really stood out as being "hard" on the ride home. Again, the bike was real nice if you are into that kind of bike- me- I am sticking to Ti. I am ordering a new saddle- though. Luckily, I can get a great deal on them now through my team. :banana: I also have a cool picture of a six thirteen that had half the paint removed so you can see all the carbon and aluminum bit real well.

jason

shinomaster
12-04-2004, 06:38 PM
buddy, do you realize that this was post # 666 for you??

Yikes....

Yes I want a 6-13 super duper bad....

BumbleBeeDave
12-04-2004, 07:04 PM
. . . lives in St. Louie--Whoever woulda’ thunk it?? . . . ;) :p :rolleyes:

BBDave

dirtdigger88
12-04-2004, 08:06 PM
I didn't want to post another just yet- I was enjoying being Lucifer for while.

But I am over it now

Jason

Chris
12-05-2004, 09:49 AM
So for you guys in the know on Cannondale, I have a dilemma which I need to resolve pretty quickly. The team I am on is sponsored by Cannondale this year. The choice is a free Caad 8 or a Six-13 for an upcharge. Anybody care to comment on which frame they would choose and why?

dirtdigger88
12-05-2004, 09:53 AM
Chris- what is the up charge and what kind of racing will you be doing?

jason

Chris
12-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Probably in the $650.00 range. Road racing and crits. Category 3 and masters

Birddog
12-05-2004, 10:37 AM
Chris, Which one would look best with a Pirate costume? That'll be your choice, argghhhhhh.

Birddog

Kurt
12-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Probably in the $650.00 range. Road racing and crits. Category 3 and masters

we have had them for a sponsor for quite a while, optimo is 550, 613 is 1500, both with fork and hset - I found no real diff between the frames - I have a 58 optimo for the occasional race and more dangerous club rides where I don't want to trash my legend - get the cheaper frame would be my rec

jerk
12-05-2004, 03:32 PM
So for you guys in the know on Cannondale, I have a dilemma which I need to resolve pretty quickly. The team I am on is sponsored by Cannondale this year. The choice is a free Caad 8 or a Six-13 for an upcharge. Anybody care to comment on which frame they would choose and why?

ask for a sticker kit and rebadge a bike you like, it worked for saeco for years.

jerk (still on occassion living up to his name.)

Matt Barkley
12-05-2004, 09:24 PM
I've heard (in larger sizes at least) the 7 is stiffer (in a good way) than the 8. Maybe the Six 13 is stiffer than the 8 too. - Matt

Kurt
12-06-2004, 12:12 AM
I've heard (in larger sizes at least) the 7 is stiffer (in a good way) than the 8. Maybe the Six 13 is stiffer than the 8 too. - Matt

a caad7 and an optimo (8?) in 58 and they both feel the same. I rode a 613 for a number of miles and it also felt the same. great frames for short stuff or racing, but on 55+ give me a legend.