PDA

View Full Version : OT: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles is back!

SoCalSteve
02-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Hi all,

T:SCC will be back starting this Friday night February 13th and will continue for 9 weeks straight with all new episodes.

This is the finale to over 9 months worth of work for me starting May of 2008-wrapping up our 2nd shooting season February 23rd of 2009.

I hope you all watch the show and if you can't watch it real-time, please set your DVR's and TIVO's to record the show. This really helps our ratings when it comes to Fox and Warner Brothers deciding the fate of the show for a 3rd season.

http://www.fox.com/terminator/

It is also the lead in to a new Sci-Fi show called Dollhouse. I am not a huge fan of Sci-Fi, but DollHouse looks to have a pretty interesting premise.

http://www.fox.com/dollhouse/

Enjoy!

Steve

PS: I just bought a new Colnago Extreme Power frameset, please watch the show so it comes back for a 3rd season and I can pay for it! Thanks... :banana:

Pete Serotta
02-09-2009, 05:19 PM
I promise to watch if you buy a SEROTTA!!!! :D

on second thought, I will DVR for I want you to be able to ride with me at SOLVANG in MARCH :)

93legendti
02-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Congrats! If we had TIVO I would use it.

What about viewing it "On Demand"? Does that count towards ratings?

maunahaole
02-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Watch the show because it is good!

SoCalSteve
02-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Watch the show because it is good!

Alot of people have spent the last 9 months of their lives trying hard to make it good...

So yeah, watch it because it is good.

Thanks,

Steve

Charles M
02-09-2009, 06:35 PM
thank You God!

My TIVO already has it as auto record...

Now the trick is not to PM you asking for details that will spoil it for me...

Lifelover
02-09-2009, 07:11 PM
I was an early critic of the show although I watched the 1st 2 season with my 15 y/o.

It started to come around towards the end and we will continue to watch it.

wooly
02-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Steve - I've been a huge fan of the show for the past year. Is the show ending after this season? Say it ain't so!

Viper
02-09-2009, 10:12 PM
John Connor saves the world. Further proof the Irish are the best. I mean if the fate of man was atop Ventoux, call out to Kelly, Roche and John Connor. Or Jack Brunk.

yarg
02-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Love the show, I'll be tuned in! What are the prospects on that night and time slot? Doesn't seem like anything good is on Fridays so the show should do well?

SoCalSteve
02-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Steve - I've been a huge fan of the show for the past year. Is the show ending after this season? Say it ain't so!

As with all TV shows, its 100% about ratings. If enough people watch the show, then it will be brought back for a 3rd season.

At this point, we dont have a clue. What I can tell you is that Fox and Warner Brothers are promoting it and thats always a very good sign that they like it and want it to do well.

Also, the tie - ins with T:4 are not to be overlooked either.

If I were a betting man, I'd say it will be back for another season. We wont know for awhile.

Watch the show!

Thanks,

Steve

Tobias
02-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Never miss it.

T:4? Is that a 4th Terminator movie? If so, hadn't heard.

SoCalSteve
02-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Never miss it.

T:4? Is that a 4th Terminator movie? If so, hadn't heard.

http://rss.warnerbros.com/terminatorsalvation/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0438488/

Enjoy!

Steve

RPS
02-10-2009, 02:44 PM
It's on my TIVO also. Hope it comes back.

Joellogicman
02-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Hi all,

T:SCC will be back starting this Friday night February 13th and will continue for 9 weeks straight with all new episodes.

This is the finale to over 9 months worth of work for me starting May of 2008-wrapping up our 2nd shooting season February 23rd of 2009.

I hope you all watch the show and if you can't watch it real-time, please set your DVR's and TIVO's to record the show. This really helps our ratings when it comes to Fox and Warner Brothers deciding the fate of the show for a 3rd season.

Did not know you worked on it. It is a great show, both writing and FX.

For whatever reason, AppleTV does not sell a high def version, while my cable streams fox live hi def. I do not otherwise watch enough television to justify buying a Tivo. This means I am stuck watching it low def, as it is almost impossible for me to get home for the 7:00 p.m. air time here in Chicago. I guess Fox thinks only kids watch the show in the Midwest.

I will get a Tivo if Summer Glau sends me a personal request, however :p

SoCalSteve
02-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Did not know you worked on it. It is a great show, both writing and FX.

For whatever reason, AppleTV does not sell a high def version, while my cable streams fox live hi def. I do not otherwise watch enough television to justify buying a Tivo. This means I am stuck watching it low def, as it is almost impossible for me to get home for the 7:00 p.m. air time here in Chicago. I guess Fox thinks only kids watch the show in the Midwest.

I will get a Tivo if Summer Glau sends me a personal request, however :p

I get this alot...

Just sayin'

Steve

Joellogicman
02-10-2009, 03:34 PM
John Connor saves the world. Further proof the Irish are the best. I mean if the fate of man was atop Ventoux, call out to Kelly, Roche and John Connor. Or Jack Brunk.

John would not be around to save the world were it not for the pretty german woman robot he has to watch over him.

Joellogicman
02-10-2009, 03:35 PM
I get this alot...

Just sayin'

Steve

I am resigned to AppleTVing it ... Which should not be all that bad for you guys. Apple hits me up for a $1.99 a show.

RPS
02-10-2009, 03:37 PM
I guess Fox thinks only kids watch the show in the Midwest.Or that they already have TIVO or DVR. ;)

Joellogicman
02-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Or that they already have TIVO or DVR. ;)

Durn spoiled Midwestern kids.

Seriously, a lot of my colleagues have TIVO and swear by it. I am more of a movie fan than television. AppleTv shines there. It is great for television assuming your desired show is on their list.

Sarah Connor is available, just not in high def. I don't know if Fox is the reason for this, or Apple. The only other show I watch regularly is Lost. Lost is available on AppleTv in high def.

RPS
02-10-2009, 04:53 PM
My TIVO is in standard definition so I try to watch the show live on HD. Sarah looks much better that way. ;)

I'll upgrade the TIVO to HD some day if I can transfer the lifetime service contract.

dogdriver
02-10-2009, 05:24 PM
I do like hot chicks that shoot guns and beat people up...

SoCalSteve
02-10-2009, 05:36 PM
I do like hot chicks that shoot guns and beat people up...

Doesnt appear that you are alone in this...

MarleyMon
02-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Isn't the online stream in HD? I've watched a few that way. Good stuff.
three dots .

. three dots .

lavi
02-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Summer Glua? No way. Set up a meetngreet/hug with Lena! :beer:

dogdriver
04-11-2009, 07:25 AM
Was last night (Friday, Apr 10) the last one? That would be a bummer, as the plot is getting pretty good.

If so, my weekly viewing is toast, as the only other shows on the DVR list are The Daily Show, 24, and the Universe, which hardly ever has a new episode. I refuse to watch American Idol, but may have to take up Oprah, as long as Dr. Phil isn't on.

Wanting to be a couch potato, Chris

SoCalSteve
04-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Was last night (Friday, Apr 10) the last one? That would be a bummer, as the plot is getting pretty good.

If so, my weekly viewing is toast, as the only other shows on the DVR list are The Daily Show, 24, and the Universe, which hardly ever has a new episode. I refuse to watch American Idol, but may have to take up Oprah, as long as Dr. Phil isn't on.

Wanting to be a couch potato, Chris

Glad you enjoyed it!

The ratings havent been great, but they have steadily improved over the last 9 episodes.

All the networks do something called the "Up Fronts" the middle of May. This is where they reveal their next seasons line up to show the advertisers and then the advertisers pick air space based on that.

I believe Fox's upfront is May 18th. We proabaly wont know until then...

If I hear differently, I will let everyone know.

Thanks for all your support!

Steve

RPS
04-11-2009, 10:34 AM
That would be a bummer, as the plot is getting pretty good.Last night’s episode was my favorite thus far. John’s obsession with Cameron (other than she’s a hot robot :rolleyes: ) makes much more sense now. And the T-1000’s mission surprised me – didn’t see that coming at all.

ergott
04-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Glad you enjoyed it!

The ratings havent been great, but they have steadily improved over the last 9 episodes.

All the networks do something called the "Up Fronts" the middle of May. This is where they reveal their next seasons line up to show the advertisers and then the advertisers pick air space based on that.

I believe Fox's upfront is May 18th. We proabaly wont know until then...

If I hear differently, I will let everyone know.

Thanks for all your support!

Steve

I haven't chimed in yet. This is an excellent show. There were a couple of slow times this season, but that's to be expected. What a finale! They better not end it there.

Congrats, great show you got there.

dleroy
04-11-2009, 12:42 PM
I've watched this show a few times including last night's. Could someone please tell me *** happend (other than John Boy getting it on with his robot)? Aroused and confused.

TriJim
04-11-2009, 12:46 PM
I watched it HD last night and the iTunes copy this morning. You have to watch carefully to pick-up all the details. The entire season has been good, but last two episodes in particular. Fun to see characters from earlier in the series.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that another season will be approved. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to 'Salvation.' :beer:

RPS
04-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Could someone please tell me *** happend (other than John Boy getting it on with his robot)?Two things that may help:
1) Time travel makes everything possible.
2) Dogs don't like Terminators. ;)