PDA

View Full Version : what lance rides in the rain

Climb01742
02-09-2009, 01:24 PM
http://twitpic.com/1em8f

http://twitpic.com/1em7g

David Kirk
02-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Did you see the track bike pics? It's fun to think of him doing the hour.

dave

sg8357
02-09-2009, 01:38 PM
A visor on the helmet, no cycling cap ?
Fenders ???

Does BKW know about this ???, the horror.

Maybe if Lance is nice to Michael Barry his dad will make him a proper rain bike.

Scott G.

fiamme red
02-09-2009, 01:40 PM
A visor on the helmet, no cycling cap ?LANCE is a "Fred." :banana:

paulrad9
02-09-2009, 02:22 PM
The first pic explains why the Race Blades I had for sale on eBay jumped in price about an hour ago

soulspinner
02-10-2009, 06:23 AM
Did you see the track bike pics? It's fun to think of him doing the hour.

dave

Seems like with his power numbers over an hour he has a shot...

bostondrunk
02-10-2009, 06:33 AM
Wasn't it just a short while ago that you all said how stupid twitter was and that you had no interest in following Lance on it?

Ray
02-10-2009, 06:43 AM
One half of one fender on one wheel. I guess he's about one quarter of an IBOB.

-Ray

Climb01742
02-10-2009, 07:16 AM
Wasn't it just a short while ago that you all said how stupid twitter was and that you had no interest in following Lance on it?

as the season begins, i gotta confess i'm getting hooked on his twitter feed. yes, it's part PR ploy to get his brand out there, but it's also a sorta interesting behind the scenes glimpse. and he's putting more into his tweets than other riders who have twitter pages. a guilty pleasure. busted. ;)

johnnymossville
02-10-2009, 07:21 AM
yep, I've been following lance and george on twitter also and enjoy it.

Climb01742
02-10-2009, 07:29 AM
i hope christian VDV picks up his tweets. following him this season would be interesting.

bostondrunk
02-10-2009, 08:41 AM
as the season begins, i gotta confess i'm getting hooked on his twitter feed. yes, it's part PR ploy to get his brand out there, but it's also a sorta interesting behind the scenes glimpse. and he's putting more into his tweets than other riders who have twitter pages. a guilty pleasure. busted. ;)

No worries. I knew I wasn't the only one.. :)

Can't wait for the Giro!

uno-speedo
02-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Good news. He's taking the kids to school!

rwsaunders
02-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Good news. He's taking the kids to school!

Roger that....Linus who?

soulspinner
02-10-2009, 09:19 AM

Gotta agree with you on this one. Normally I wouldnt care but its my disbelief in his ability, no matter how great he was, to unseat Contador now. Im a bit fascinated now I see the condition hes in already...

David Kirk
02-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Gotta agree with you on this one. Normally I wouldnt care but its my disbelief in his ability, no matter how great he was, to unseat Contador now. Im a bit fascinated now I see the condition hes in already...

I'm not a big Armstrong fan but I must say I will be surprised if he doesn't win the Tour this year. I think he might just toy with them. He's from another world.

Dave

Viper
02-10-2009, 09:42 AM
I'm not a big Armstrong fan but I must say I will be surprised if he doesn't win the Tour this year. I think he might just toy with them. He's from another world.

Dave

+1 atmo. I feel like LA when I go to my LPS (local pizza store) for All-you-can-eat Pizza Night. There's no way this restaurant can win I think as I walk in there and the same way on the way out. If there was a podium, I'd be really happy.

johnnymossville
02-10-2009, 11:04 AM
It's the hump in his back. Huge lung and heart capacity built in. A freak of nature. ;-p

jeffg
02-10-2009, 12:55 PM

Dave

I agree that he must think he can win if he is back.

I was hoping he would ride the Giro and skip the TdF as he initially planned.

Why not add another GT to the palmares and leave the TdF to Contador/Levi? If he goes to the TdF everyone will expect him to win or at least try to. He will then just use the Giro as preparation most likely, which is a shame for the centennial Giro! Oh well, in any event I am sure this will all be an interesting spectacle ...

Viper
02-10-2009, 08:04 PM
It's the hump in his back. Huge lung and heart capacity built in. A freak of nature. ;-p

He's a turtle. :) His back sure is wide, those ribs filled with lungs. Incredible to think what those lungs were filled with back in 1996.

PS. What are the odds Astana (aka Lance) says to Levi, "ToC is yours", to Contador, "The Giro is yours" and Lance, "You get Paris."

?

TMB
02-10-2009, 09:21 PM
The Giro is a far more interesting race.

Would be nice to see him ride the Giro and do a yawn on the TdF.

1centaur
02-11-2009, 05:11 AM
I don't think Lance toyed with anybody the last time he won - he looked cooked, and old, then. Top level athletics really are about tiny differences and a couple of years off the bike is more than a tiny difference. Add in the Giro/Tour double, that all thought Basso at his prime might not be able to pull off, and I would be shocked to see Lance win the Tour.

Ray
02-11-2009, 05:34 AM
I don't think Lance toyed with anybody the last time he won - he looked cooked, and old, then. Top level athletics really are about tiny differences and a couple of years off the bike is more than a tiny difference. Add in the Giro/Tour double, that all thought Basso at his prime might not be able to pull off, and I would be shocked to see Lance win the Tour.
I agree totally. The guy may be a freak, but time catches up with anyone and he was already nowhere close to the racer in 2005 that he was in, say, 2001. Regardless of doing both tours - I'd be shocked if he still has the stuff to seriously threaten for either one of them. If he does, I'll enjoy watching it and I'll probably even end up pulling for him and will give him huge props. But I too will be utterly shocked.

-Ray

Climb01742
02-11-2009, 06:16 AM
something i'll be watching for: as we age, recovery gets harder. and the workload we can sustain gets smaller. will lance remain healthy until july? can his body still take the pounding, whether it's muscular, tendons, even can his immune system ward off something like broncitis? his will may be strong as ever but is any aging athlete's body as strong as ever?

flickwet
02-11-2009, 07:20 AM
Levi gets ToC, Lance gets Giro, Contador gets TdF, Lance gets 2-3 with heart rending ride up Ventoux then the French will finally embrace him. Everyone's Happy, Lance may have looked "cooked and old, then" the key is He Won! lots of other guys looked cooked and old and they didn't win, heck no one looks young and fresh after the Tour

flickwet
02-11-2009, 07:21 AM
in '96 he looked cooked and old too

David Kirk
02-11-2009, 09:19 AM
You all might be right about Lance and the time off hurting him. I also think it might be possible that the few years off might have given him the time to fully recharge both mentally and physically. He obviously didn't get fat and soft and it seems to me that he is genetically superior to most so I think he has a real shot at winning whatever it is he wants to win. Certainly I wouldn't bet against him.

dave

learlove
02-11-2009, 12:16 PM
where are the pics with the track bikes?

soulspinner
02-12-2009, 05:12 AM
You all might be right about Lance and the time off hurting him. I also think it might be possible that the few years off might have given him the time to fully recharge both mentally and physically. He obviously didn't get fat and soft and it seems to me that he is genetically superior to most so I think he has a real shot at winning whatever it is he wants to win. Certainly I wouldn't bet against him.

dave

Well said. And that precise muscle memory will come back. Its got me pumped to see him and Basso again. Basso is younger and would have handily won the tour if not for a seven time winner...