PDA

View Full Version : OT:Helping my sister!

trophyoftexas
02-09-2009, 01:13 PM
My sister and her husband have a really nice place in northern Michigan. They are located on Little Glen Lake just about 3-4 miles from Glen Arbor. They are on one of the nicest stretches of M-22 with a wonderful view of Sleeping Bear Dunes. About 10 years ago they started a very small cabin rental business and now have two nice units to rent, one sleeps about 6 and the other (recently remodeled to like new...very nice!) sleeps 2-4. I'm posting this here to help her out a little....her husband had been trying to put together some information and pictures for me to help him with his listings but about two weeks ago he lost his long long battle with cancer. I told my sister that I'd put a little blub out here on the forum about her places hoping that some of the many forumites that are from that area or that have cycled the area (probably went RIGHT past her place!) would see it and contact me back for additional details. She has a sorta-web site but I can probably help people out more here than she can. Her rates are VERY reasonable and she prefers to rent ONLY TO CYCLISTS if at all possible. Also, she has a VERY intimate knowledge of the roads in the area and would be an excellant ride along guide or just someone to trust with details. I have a few pictures of the place and many of the area that I can share....hope this doesn't violate any forum rules, just looking to help out my sister who is one of the most dedicated cyclists around....she's 65 and you might drop her but you won't loose her, she's persistant as all git-out and one of the best climbers I've ridden with. I'm hoping to be up there most-all of the summer, it's THAT nice! PM me if you'd like more details....not exactly sure about rental prices but I think the small place goes for about $500.00 for a WEEK in the summer, something like that! WORTH the money to be sure!

Gothard
02-09-2009, 01:22 PM
I am sure helping people does not violate rules around here. Post her website!
Not that I'll go from where I live, but I'm sure some others will.

93legendti
02-09-2009, 03:17 PM
If my family didn't have a place up there, I would avail myself of her services. The riding in your sister's area is among the best in Michigan. If you send me an email with the information, I will send it out on the Wolverine Sports Club Maling List.

Sorry for your loss.

mschol17
02-09-2009, 03:26 PM
We used to go to Glen Lake every summer. Beautiful area.

trophyoftexas
02-09-2009, 03:29 PM
If my family didn't have a place up there, I would avail myself of her services. The riding in your sister's area is among the best in Michigan. If you send me an email with the information, I will send it out on the Wolverine Sports Club Maling List.

Sorry for your loss.

Thanks for the offer....as soon as I can get more information from her I'll pass it along...until then this is all that I've been able to find:

http://www.sleepingbeararea.com/Business_detail.asp?BusinessID=243

This is an older and VERY abreviated information so I'll post more when she gets it to me. Thanks to all!

maunahaole
02-09-2009, 03:33 PM
In summer, that place will be beautiful with great weather. It also stays light out until damn near 9 or 10 pm as well (pretty far north and on the western edge of the eastern time zone). Great sunsets over Lake Michigan are a bonus.

trophyoftexas
02-09-2009, 04:32 PM
In summer, that place will be beautiful with great weather. It also stays light out until damn near 9 or 10 pm as well (pretty far north and on the western edge of the eastern time zone). Great sunsets over Lake Michigan are a bonus.

It does stay light enough to ride well into the evening and you are also correct about spectacular Lake Michigan sunsets....in fact, shooting pictures of those sunsets was my brother-in-laws favorite thing to do! We'd speed over to the Pierce Stocking overlook almost every evening that I was up there....talk about an adventure, ride your bike up there then decend in the dark! Oh yeah, a thriller to be sure!

93legendti
02-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Yup, July 4th Fireworks do not start until 10:20 pm. or so when it is finally dark.