PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious....

bostondrunk
12-03-2004, 01:02 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpa2lpNnFzBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwN0 bQ--?slug=ap-giants-bonds-steroids&prov=ap&type=lgns

Andreu
12-03-2004, 01:15 PM
"....Bonds testified that he didn't think any of the substances worked but kept using them out of loyalty to Anderson, the Chronicle reported. He also said he never consulted with the Giants about what Anderson gave him.

``No way ... we don't trust the ball team,'' Bonds said. ``We don't trust baseball. ... Believe me, it's a business. I don't trust their doctors or nothing.''....."

Not the sharpest tool in the box then.
A :beer: :beer:

IXXI
12-03-2004, 02:32 PM
that excuse might work if you were a good ol, fresh off the train, wouldya look at this big damn city, wide-eyed kid who just 'happened' into the big leagues...

but uh, wasn't someone in your family pretty hardcore into baseball? Oh, right--YOUR DAD!

give me an f'ing break.

they got caught and when you get caught at that level you'll do anything to save face, ridiculous as it sounds. idiots.

JohnS
12-03-2004, 03:10 PM
I heard that he bought a bridge in Brooklyn, too! :D

Tom
12-03-2004, 03:48 PM
where he said Bonds gave him something to rub on himself but he said with a completely straight face that when he found out (from Bonds) that it was a steroid cream he stopped right away.

And Giambi says he "thought" what he was taking was Clorid. Boy, these guys are as dumb as bricks. "Do I know what this stuff is that I'm injecting with? Who cares! 7 years, 120 million bucks! I'll inject liquid Drano for that kind of money! So my pituitary gland is the size of a grapefruit! Chicks dig it!"

keno
12-03-2004, 04:26 PM
I don't need no stinkin' steroids. I got this sunblock that works just as good.

keno, glad not worried about dying at the age of 50

JohnS
12-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Maybe these jocks are really that stupid. Really! How many intelligent interviews have you seen with any athletes lately? Some are nice, some are funny, but how many actually give anything but the same old cliched answers. I can think of only one interview in the past several years where I really enjoyed it. Then I heard that he had been pre-med at Ohio State. It was Robert Smith, an RB for the Vikings. He retired young (and in one piece) and went back to school.

dave thompson
12-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Maybe these jocks are really that stupid. Really! How many intelligent interviews have you seen with any athletes lately? Some are nice, some are funny, but how many actually give anything but the same old cliched answers. I can think of only one interview in the past several years where I really enjoyed it. Then I heard that he had been pre-med at Ohio State. It was Robert Smith, an RB for the Vikings. He retired young (and in one piece) and went back to school.
Dan Doornink, running back for the Seahawks 'til 87, used his football paychecks to pay for med school and carried his and carried his medical books on roadtrips. He's now a practicing MD.

Bill Bove
12-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Eric Heiden took his medical boards shortly after completing the Tour day France, but then nobody in cycling is useing illegel drugs. Are they?

JohnS
12-03-2004, 06:02 PM
David Robinson.

Bill Bove
12-03-2004, 06:23 PM
Wait a minute here, didn't David Robinson get a free, first rate education at the taxpayers expense at the Naval Acadamy and then take an early out of the Navy because he was too tall to serve on a submarine? Couldn't he have completed his obligation on an aircraft carrier? Those things are bigger than my town. In Roger Staubachs* day that wouldn't have happened nor would he have allowed it. That of course does not change the fact that the Dallas Cowboys SUCK!!!