PDA

View Full Version : Bicycle Link Atlanta

JMerring
02-04-2009, 03:12 PM
I was there in mid-October for a service. Went by the other day and - poof! - they are gone. I assume it is related to the meltdown, but does anyone have any info other than that they are just closed?

taz-t
02-04-2009, 04:54 PM
I was there in mid-October for a service. Went by the other day and - poof! - they are gone. I assume it is related to the meltdown, but does anyone have any info other than that they are just closed?

financial problems - closed late Oct or early Nov. I went in Nov and found the doors padlocked.

Here's a link with more detail and maybe some good news in the last post.

https://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=139398

- taz

LegendRider
02-04-2009, 05:05 PM
I bought my first road bike from the Bicycle Link in 1991 and I was a loyal customer until they closed their doors. In fact, I saw the ownership change hands four times. The most recent owner, Will, was extremely motivated to create the best pro road shop in Atlanta. Unfortunately his business plan involved almost exclusively high-end bikes - Serotta, Parlee, Pinarello, BMC, etc. He did not stock or attempt to sell mountain bikes, kids' bikes, or hybrids. So, guess what happened to sales when the stock market lost 30% of its value? Some speculate that his recent relocation played a role as well. In the final analysis, whatever the cause, it was a sad day for me when it closed.