PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Heads to the Handmade Show

serotta_Tiffany
02-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Serotta’s march towards the North American Handmade Bicycle Show (NAHBS) is on! Amidst the companies normal production schedule, Serotta’s team of designers and production staff—from welders and machinist’s to finish craftsmen—are hard at work building a handful of one-of-a-kind bicycles exclusively for NAHB’S 2009. Show promoters describe the annual gathering as “the place to meet the builders of the worlds most beautiful bikes.”

“Handbuilding is our heritage,” said Jared Porter, Serotta’s Production Manager. “Attending NAHBS offers Serotta an opportunity to showcase the unexpected…..our most innovative designs, our most precise handwork and finishes. Showgoers will see Serotta’s expertise across categories— from road to mountain bike and cross— with a focus on Serotta Composites carbon fiber engineering prowess. We are eager to see what other artists, craftsmen and builders are doing and to showcase Serotta USA-made craftsmanship.”

Show attendees will not only have an opportunity to view Serotta’s stunning artistry and innovative designs, but they can mingle with production staff to gain an inside perspective on Serotta’s design philosophy and fully integrated manufacturing process. Serotta’s complete line of bicycles are designed, engineered and handbuilt in Saratoga Springs, New York and Poway, California.

In addition, master frame builder and company founder Ben Serotta, will present a NAHB’S open workshop Saturday, February 28 at 2:45pm (Indiana Convention Center; Room 2005) —Ben Serotta: Evolution of a Framebuilder. Ben will discuss his own story, philosophy, background and goals. Attendees will learn about the education and evolution of one of the industry's most respected and innovative custom bicycle builder.

Finally, in conjunction with NAHB’S coming to Indianapolis, Bicycle Garage Indy North will host “SEROTTA NIGHT”; Saturday, February 28 from 7:00-8:30pm. Meet custom frame builder Ben Serotta and members of his design team during Serotta’s stop at the North American Handmade Bicycle Show.

For more information call (317) 842-4140 or visit www.bgindy.com

Pete Serotta
02-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Tiffany, thanks for letting us know....hope everyone can make it. (I will be there looking for some red :beer: )

Ahneida Ride
02-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Really looking forward to NAHBS and the Serotta exhibition. :)

Smiley
02-03-2009, 05:21 PM
It's going to be a GREAT reunion of sorts for all of us that chat here at Forumville and have met each other at various Open House events and Tour Du Toga's. I look forward to seeing old friends and making the friendships of new ones.

Please vote my K Bedford Customs best in show so Brunk buys me a free drink :)

Pete Serotta
02-03-2009, 06:02 PM
I took it from CYCLESPORT and am building it up for me :bike: I promise to bring you a picture of it :D

It's going to be a GREAT reunion of sorts for all of us that chat here at Forumville and have met each other at various Open House events and Tour Du Toga's. I look forward to seeing old friends and making the friendships of new ones.

Please vote my K Bedford Customs best in show so Brunk buys me a free drink :)

Blue Jays
02-03-2009, 06:03 PM
That's great news! :)

CNY rider
02-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Although money must certainly be tight, it is great to hear that Serotta will be represented at the NAHBS. It should be money and time well spent.
I only wish I could be there as well.

dekindy
02-04-2009, 07:26 PM
I will be attending and volunteering at the Show and registered for Serotta Night at BGI immediately upon receiving their e-mail notification. It should be a great weekend.

dekindy
02-08-2009, 07:35 PM
I will be attending and volunteering at the Show and registered for Serotta Night at BGI immediately upon receiving their e-mail notification. It should be a great weekend.

It looks like I am going to help oversee registration and ticket sales during the 3-day weekend. I have been assured that I will have plenty of time to look at bikes and planned to be down there a lot anyway, so hopefully I can do a small part to make the show a success.

Pete Serotta
02-09-2009, 02:25 PM
It looks like I am going to help oversee the ticket and registration and ticket sales during the 3-day weekend. I have been assured that I will have plenty of time to look at bikes and planned to be down there a lot anyway, so hopefully I can do a small part to make the show a success.
:beer: