PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Mac , results of Cantilever bike please

Smiley
01-11-2004, 10:58 AM
First let me apologize about our supposed Coach Superior who bolted on us. I know you were correct on that call, we maybe in luck with Gibb's return although this reminds me of the movie "Space Cowboys ". Anyway its OPM ( Other Peoples Money ) these guys are playing with.
What happened with your frame research , did you speak to Mr Bedford? Thanks

BigMac
01-11-2004, 11:34 AM
No, I have not had opportunity to call Kelly yet, that's on this weeks agenda. Funny, you take 3 weeks off work and when you come back there is a pile of items to deal with that interfere with my ability to speak with Mr Bedford...life sometimes is just not fair!

Stevie quitting when things do not go his way? Boy that sure sounds familiar! Hey he apparently left several million on the table by quitting instead of getting fired so I'm sure Mr Snider is quite happy. Coach Gibbs is one of the finest people in history of game, not to mention a truly GREAT coach..I do not use that 5 letter word lightly, he is that good. Redskin fans are very fortunate. I don't follow game that closely but most friends I know feel Steve did not leave with cupboard bare, he just could not coach men. I suspect Redskin fortunes are on the rise and perhaps win total for '04 will double that of '03. I just hope this is right move for Coach Gibbs, his health and his family. He doesn't do anything half way and I don't know what toll it will take on his health to again be working 18-20 hour days, often sleeping at his office. His wife must be very understanding and supportive. I suspect Coach will rebuild them into a playoff team/Super Bowl contender over next 2 maybe 3 years then hand reins over to Coach Bugle who despite his dubious days working for Al Davis, is a very fine coach. BTW: It's only OPM from a spending standpoint, I suspect you season ticket holders will be paying dearly in due time. Take care

Redturbo
01-11-2004, 12:13 PM
The NFC East is getting real intresting with all the new/old quality coaches.

turbo

Kevin
01-11-2004, 12:36 PM
The NFC East is not very interesting for us Giants' fans. Maybe it is interesting in DC with the return of Gibbs. Maybe it is interesting in Dallas, where you have our beloved tuna. Maybe it is interesting in Philly, where you have the title. But in Giant land it is not interesting. It is just cold and lonely.

Kevin

Len J
01-11-2004, 01:55 PM
The only bad thing about Gibbs return.............

is that I'm an Eagles fan.

The NFC East is getting interesting.

Go Eagles.

Len

pbbob
01-11-2004, 02:17 PM
this greater d.c. area is the only football area I have lived in where the off season for the last several years is so much more exciting and entertaining than the regular season.

BigMac
01-14-2004, 10:27 AM
Captain:

I had pleasure of speaking with Kelly yesterday. Indeed Serotta can build a Legend with canti-bosses; they use seatstays drawn for their mtb's which can be left long enough to handle 700C wheels. I did not ask him how large they are but he asured me they have done this in past and is no problem. Given my size and tire clearence issues, he would actually use similar chainstays as my current Legend, not the newer S bend version. This may not be true in all cases, howver given my size, frame size and desired cs length, the older large O/S oval stays w/o the fancy bends will best produce my desired results.

Of greater interest is that Serotta can build this frame with track dropouts -- the allure being I am considering using a Rohloff Speedhub drivetrain. I'll speak to the folks at Rohloff for some design parameters based on a couple items Kelly and I spoke of. He was very accomodating but there are some specific requirements/design limitations of the Rohloff hub that may not make it practical.

We briefly discussed forks for which he suggested the RTX or True Temper, both fine designs with canti bosses. I would prefer to avoid a cf fork and am not a fan of TIG's unicrown forks like RTX so a few more calls are in order on this item as well.

Should be an interesting excercise, I'll keep you up to date as I progress on this project.

Ride on!

Smiley II
01-14-2004, 10:53 AM
Please contact me offline for some ideas on forks , magoo252@comcast.net

ps: did you know and play against Pete Wysocki whom succumed to cancer this past fall. I had ridden with Pete on several occasions, too bad a really nice guy and a special Skin's player.