PDA

View Full Version : New frame logo's?

Spicoli
02-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Can I get new frame stickers from our host for an older Legend I picked up in the classifieds?

The ones on there look great but dont really match up with the parts I had to hang on the frame. I would like to get a simple set of white w/ a black outline Legend frameset stickers. The bike is obviously Ti w/out clearcoat so the swap should be pretty easy right...?

Anyone do this recently?

PS the bike RAWKS! thnx, "B" :banana:

Bruce K
02-01-2009, 08:00 PM
I don't think you can purchase them directly anymore as a couple of folks spoiled the opportunity by "re-badging" other frames and then trying to sell them.

I believe the policy changed so that a Serotta dealer ccould get them for you or a person in the business of frame re-finishing could get them.

But that might have changed recently as well.

I'd start with your local dealer.

BK

Spicoli
02-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Thnx Bruce, I'll call tomorrow to see whats up?

BumbleBeeDave
02-01-2009, 09:54 PM
I am currently having my legend overhauled and wanted to get new chain stay decals, as my old ones were kind of chewed up. I was told you could still get them, but there are only a few colors available. They've drastically reduced the color choices. If you want something unusual now they paint it and charge you extra. Here's the page . . .

http://www.serotta.com/paint/decals.html

BBD

Lifelover
02-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Most graphic print shops can mimic the Serotta font without much trouble.

We have a cyclist locally that has a shop and will print stickers for people.

Probably not totally on the up and up but he only does it for folks he knows.

Might be worth swinging by a local place.

Spicoli
02-01-2009, 10:01 PM
I am currently having my legend overhauled and wanted to get new chain stay decals, as my old ones were kind of chewed up. I was told you could still get them, but there are only a few colors available. They've drastically reduced the color choices. If you want something unusual now they paint it and charge you extra. Here's the page . . .

http://www.serotta.com/paint/decals.html

BBD
So I should be safe since I only want "White w/Black outline" correct? Will I be able to get an entire set too Dave? ie; downtube/head/stays/ect.

Spicoli
02-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Most graphic print shops can mimic the Serotta font without much trouble.

We have a cyclist locally that has a shop and will print stickers for people.

Probably not totally on the up and up but he only does it for folks he knows.

Might be worth swinging by a local place.
Thought of that too, but was going to try and keep things original. Thnx, if this become a problem I still may go that route?

BumbleBeeDave
02-02-2009, 07:23 AM
. . . but yeah, I would imagine you could get a whole set. They have whole sets sitting around to put on the new bikes. They probably won't be cheap, though. Serotta Pete could certainly find out for you . . .

BBD