PDA

View Full Version : P90x

Dekonick
02-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Anyone? Seems to be a big hit around here - and I was thinking about checking it out...

jmp485
02-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Everyone I have read about that has bought it and stuck to it has given rave reviews. The trick is sticking with it, otherwise it becomes just another "good" workout. If you do a simple Google search you will find tons of testimonials on this system, both good and bad. My kid brother just bought the DVD's this past week and started on them yesterday so I guess I'll have his results to report on in about 90 days.

The other thing to think about is that this is for people who want to get their bodies looking a certain way and not necessarily for someone looking to develop into an endurance athlete. Not saying that they are mutually exclusive, just that a person would have to put in all the time and energy for the P90X workouts and make the time to fit in the cycling workouts as well.

beungood
02-01-2009, 10:31 PM
My kid brother also did these and had phenominal results. I'll have to find his before and after pics. It is a decent routine like the poster above mentioned but, with the caveat , you must follow it and stick to the routine to get good results. My brother was a fitness trainer and liked the routine so much he bought the advanced set and raves about it. He is in the 180/190 range and when he does his wrestling shows bills himeself as 230 pounds and looks it...

or you could do what Chuck Norris does and use the total gym...

bigdeal
02-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Get it and stick to both the excercise and a reasonable diet, results are incredible! In 2 months I lost 2 inches on my waist, evened out my thighs, and put an inch on each bicep. After 2 months I stopped because I needed to concentrate on my swim/bike/run.

1centaur
02-02-2009, 05:09 AM
I did P90X last year during the winter. It won't give an aerobic workout that's as good as you'd get riding a trainer, but it will give you much more even strength in your body, which is great for almost everybody and not at the top of the list for hard core cyclists who want minimal muscle mass above the waist (so for most on this board it's a good system). It will also give you good muscle definition where you have not had it before. As with all those programs, none of that definition will happen without the right diet, but unlike most programs it really is designed to work all parts of your body and it is a serious workout for people who are in reasonably good shape to start with.

gman
02-04-2009, 10:44 PM
My wife is a Certified Beachbody instructor and as such, gets all the training and DVDs for their products at good prices. Tony Horton's P90x is one of many. She is a fitness instructor at several local gyms and national chains here in North Dallas/Ft. Worth.

If there is any interest, you can order it through her from her website:
www.teambeachbody.com/doubledottie (http://www.teambeachbody.com/doubledottie)

I am her guinea pig for another Team Beachbody program. We did the whole "before" pictures and measurements routine. I nearly cried. I am in my third week and am beginning feel some subtle changes.

I was in some of the best shape of my life 2 years ago and it all went to hell when I took a promotion, started traveling a ton and did two corporate relocations. I just want to get some of it back and hope to maybe race again next summer.