PDA

View Full Version : Bontrager shoes anyone?

quattro
02-01-2009, 01:39 PM
In my continuing search for foot comfort I'm thinking of looking into the new Bontrager kicks, anyone riding them yet? Feedback?

thanks,
quattro

Charles M
02-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Yep...

Review's here: BONTRAGER RXL (http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=6671&status=True&catname=Tech%20News)

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/tech/bontrager/bshoepair.jpg

Pretty roomy toe box, good venting, good materials, GREAT tongue design.

quattro
02-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Pez, thanks for posting your review, of course I have already seen it and it is one of the reasons I got thinking about these shoes. I know they are new but I'm hoping someone has some miles in them for some feedback. Thanks again.

dekindy
06-12-2009, 07:15 AM
I am interested, too.

rnhood
06-12-2009, 07:58 AM
I have a pair and, have gone back to my older Shimanos (215 model, now discontinued). I just don't like the Bontragers. There is extra room in the toe box which is nice but, they lack support in the medial area compared to my Shimano RS 215s (discontinued) and, the buckle mechanism sticks out further to the side than that on my Shimanos. This causes it to slightly rub the crank arms. I also don't think the sole is quite as stiff as on the Shimanos. And the plastic uppers on the Bontis, while quite flexible, is cheap.

Shoes are a bit like saddles in that there is considerable personal preference and fit involved.

If you happen to be interested in a size 47, well I have a pair that you can have for $125. They have about 100 miles on them and look literally brand new.

avalonracing
06-12-2009, 08:08 AM
For the love of God I would love to see a product without the Bontrager name on it. Not that I have a problem with Keith it is just that Trek has his name plastered on EVERYTHING.

ejh
06-12-2009, 09:58 AM
I've been using the mt bike shoes, freebee from one of our team sponsers. Only they sent white, for mountain bike??? I do like the way they fit plenty of room it the toe box, not sold on the inserts as the dealers can't get diffrent ones so whats the point. other then that I like them.