PDA

View Full Version : Look 585... opinions?

Rich_W
12-01-2004, 06:40 PM
Is it wrong to want to build up a stoopid light french bike? I've been lusting after this frame...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/tech/features/look_frames/04ibikeD1_58.jpg

weisan
12-01-2004, 06:43 PM
Not if you use my carbon frame, that thing weighs like 2 pounds. Oh btw, you have to figure out how to keep the seatpost in place, put in the bosses and the rear cable stop. :D

Seriously, go ahead!

PS. I have a much older Look carbon frame coming in later this week. I think with the fork and seatpost, it weighs 3.5 pounds. So, I am with you on this. :banana:

H.Frank Beshear
12-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Is this the mysterious French Fit I've heard so much about? :p :banana: :D Frank

jeffg
12-01-2004, 10:03 PM
It seems like a quality carbon frame from the Frenchies. The geo seems not optimal for me, but Look makes a well-handling carbon frame. For the cash though, I would rather have a Parlee Z2/Z3 with no integrated headset (but I am biased ;) )

sspielman
12-02-2004, 07:10 AM
I have never heard anything bad about Look frames and plenty good. In the theme of another thread, Look does not outsource, and you know that with this frame you are not getting a badge-engineered product from China.
I think that it makes a great frame for a French lightweight project. It would be fabulous with the Look carbon stem, the Keo pedals, a Stronglight Pulsion crankset (and titanium Twister BB), Mavic Ksyrium SL's.....