PDA

View Full Version : Possible "Tour de 'Toga '09" Dates

johnmdesigner
01-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Forgive me for starting another thread but I wanted to make sure that everyone who expressed interest saw the post and would leave their comments.
(Moderators please feel free to move this if you feel it necessary)
I contacted the Springs Motel in Saratoga. June and August 2009 are fully booked. However they could accommodate us on one of these 3 weekends in July.

July 9-12
July 16-19
July 23-26
(Thur. thru Sun.)

They enjoyed having us before and would like us to return but I think we would have to act quickly to lock in one of these weekends.
So, if you are interested post your preferences ASAP. :D

John

csm
01-28-2009, 12:15 PM
any but the the last work for me. not sure if I'm heading to RAGBRAI or not this year but that weekend would fall on that.

BumbleBeeDave
01-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Two other downtown Saratoga motels that might have rooms in June are the St. Charles and St. Francis. They are right next to the Springs and are reasonably priced and equipped hotels close in to downtown. I have seen the rooms in both a few years ago and at that time they were not 5 star, but certainly OK. Here's their web site . . .

http://www.stfrancisstcharlesmotels.com/

It would not surprise me, though, if everyplace is filled up for the weekends of May 30-31 and June 6-7 already. Those are the bookend weekends for Americade--50,000 motorcycle riders of all stripes, from Harley Jockeys to Crotch Rocket fiends, all gathering just up the road in Lake George.

Also, a factor for July is that the local MS ride is July 11 just north of Saratoga in Queensbury. Given past year's participation, that would not create hotel problems, but might be a possible conflict for local forum members who are planning to do that charity ride. Not sure yet if that includes me or not. Another possibility might be a real tie-in to that ride with forum members raising pledges and doing that ride, which includes 10, 30, 62, and 100 miles routes. There's a $25 entry fee and $200 minimum pledges. If anyone else would like to get a Serotta Forum team together for that event, I'd be interested.

At this point, though, any of those three July weekends you proposed would work for me.

BBD

caleb
01-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Why does all the cool stuff happen in the Northeast?

SoCalSteve
01-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Why does all the cool stuff happen in the Northeast?

I think we (Jack B., Tom B., and myself) once tried to organize a west coast Tour de Something or other.....but, it never came to fruition.

Steve

Smiley
01-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Book any of the second dates as the first date is too close to the July 4th holiday and I'll be there with Karen. We will also help out as much as we can.
may I suggest a Tour of Kelly Bedfords shop when we are there :)

Ahneida Ride
01-28-2009, 03:48 PM
They all work for me !

johnmdesigner
01-28-2009, 07:29 PM
I would like to get a count of at least 10 committed people for a particular weekend. If we can agree then I will call the Springs and ask for a rate and to hold the rooms. It will be up to all of you to make and confirm your own reservations.

There isn't much point in my calling if there is no response.
We all had a great time in 2007. Let's do it again.

William, David, etc???

Let me hear from you if you are interested! :D

John

Bruce K
01-28-2009, 09:41 PM
The 16th would be the only one that works for me and that may not play out.

The early date is too close to July 4 and the late date is the weekend before I travel to Colorado (remember that Pete!!) so I need to be riding closer to home.

BK

cleavel
01-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Hi,

I'll throw this out just in case July doesn't work. I have a college reunion Oct 2-4, 2009 in Troy, NY. I could kill two birds with one stone -- so to speak.

Hardlyrob
01-29-2009, 07:43 AM
All the dates are OK with me.

Rob

fungusamungus33
01-29-2009, 02:55 PM
but count me in for rides. Just pic the date.

CCB

paulandmonster
01-29-2009, 08:03 PM
to many races philly week tour of penn. july or september are always september probably have nicest weather