PDA

View Full Version : Pictures PLease from Cyclesports Open House

Smiley
01-25-2009, 01:29 PM
We need to see what Mike G put together. How was Kelly Bedfords wares at the show and did you lick my Frame Anhieda ;)

Steevo
01-25-2009, 05:26 PM
I didn't bring a camera, so no pics. I'm sure there will be some though. It was a great event - a real nice way to scratch the cycling itch in the dead of winter.
Cyclesport put on a great event - good food & drink, good music, a variety of vendors, gracious hosts and lot's of fun and interesting conversation. It was a pleasure to meet Pete, BBD, Aneida Ride and Kelly B all in one afternoon.

Kelly's bikes look magnificent in person. I really liked that orange one, but it was hanging too high to lick. I stared at it so long the orange paint started to drip.

PaulE
01-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Smiley,

Your fixie Kelly Bedford is beautiful! I love the orange color. I had 4 glasses of wine and I guess I shouldn't have taken it off the hook it was carefully hanging from cause I dropped it. Only 1 chip in the paint, not too bad! Just kidding, nobody touched it and it was safe and sound when I poured myself out of there at 4:45! Also saw Spokes' green frame, Mike G's red one and Pete's built up off-white with grey panels Bedford.

These bikes are sharp, get on the list now if you want one!

I scored some Ahneida Ride dark blue leather bar wrap for my light blue Kirk Terraplane with dark blue lugs. Anyone who wants some of this get it now. It is really nice leather bar wrap!

Bumble Bee Dave was snapping away with his camera and he and Ahneida are driving home tonight so give him a day or two and I'm sure he'll be posting pix.

Steevo
01-25-2009, 06:29 PM
+1 on the AR bar wrap. Looking forward to riding with soft feel of corinthian leather bars.

On my previous post, forgot to mention the conversation with Steve from Serotta. Serotta had some great bikes on display, and it was great talking with Steve.

It was bike heaven today. Modern steel, modern carbon, modern leather - great stuff.

Ti Designs
01-25-2009, 06:32 PM
It was a great event - a real nice way to scratch the cycling itch in the dead of winter.

If ever the itch gets really bad, I know of another way...

Smiley
01-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Smiley,

Your fixie Kelly Bedford is beautiful! I love the orange color. I had 4 glasses of wine and I guess I shouldn't have taken it off the hook it was carefully hanging from cause I dropped it. Only 1 chip in the paint, not too bad! Just kidding, nobody touched it and it was safe and sound when I poured myself out of there at 4:45! Also saw Spokes' green frame, Mike G's red one and Pete's built up off-white with grey panels Bedford.

These bikes are sharp, get on the list now if you want one!

I scored some Ahneida Ride dark blue leather bar wrap for my light blue Kirk Terraplane with dark blue lugs. Anyone who wants some of this get it now. It is really nice leather bar wrap!

Bumble Bee Dave was snapping away with his camera and he and Ahneida are driving home tonight so give him a day or two and I'm sure he'll be posting pix.

The Green frame belongs to Tonto aka Chris our ride leader for Tour Du Toga!

Smiley
01-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Get In Line For Your Bedford Nowwwwww !!!!!

BumbleBeeDave
01-25-2009, 08:48 PM
. . . I am tired, and I am going to bed. I will post some photos tomorrow. I never thought standing around, eating, and drinking beer could be so exhausting.

BBD

Smiley
01-25-2009, 08:53 PM
+1 on the AR bar wrap. Looking forward to riding with soft feel of corinthian leather bars.

great stuff.
The only wrap is sxxxwrap by my man Anhieda Ride !!!

Ahneida Ride
01-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Da place was packed !!!!!

Great people, great food and sweeta bikes !!!!!

Thanks Mike for such gracious hospitality :)

Smiley
01-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Da place was packed !!!!!

Great people, great food and sweeta bikes !!!!!

Thanks Mike for such gracious hospitality :)

Anybody buying stuff other then your wrap :)

mschol17
01-25-2009, 09:17 PM
AR,
Are you going to be selling wrap out of a trenchcoat on the street corner at NAHBS?

Ahneida Ride
01-25-2009, 09:34 PM
AR,
Are you going to be selling wrap out of a trenchcoat on the street corner at NAHBS?

No ! absolutely not ! :no:

I am there to help out Master Builder Mr. Kelly Bedford.

but I will be offering REAL Rolex's for only 9.95 frn.

BumbleBeeDave
01-25-2009, 10:41 PM
. . . on YouTube. It's at . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-nAfGob9Uo

You will see the band, Kelly B., Serotta Steve and Serotta Dave Powers, Ahneida Ride wandering through the frame a few times, Keno and Serotta Pete, AND if you look closely you will even see a special guest cameo appearance by BBDave. Please forgive the primitive production values . . . It's my first YouTube video!

Enjoy! I will post still pics tomorrow. Now I really must get my beauty sleep!

BBD

William
01-26-2009, 04:33 AM
I saw a few familiar faces in that video. Thanks for posting it Dave. :cool:

~And~, thank you for not focusing on what Smiley was doing with that wrap in the back! :eek:

William ;) :D

johnmdesigner
01-26-2009, 08:30 AM
If Mike is listening many thanks for a great time.
That's a great shop. I love the vintage pictures of Merckx when he paid a visit.
I haven't seen that many beautiful bikes hanging together in quite a while.

Ahneida Ride
01-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Mike runs a great shop.

All the goodies for the hard core and a warm place where the
newbie is most most welcome and encouraged.

If ya are just thinking about a bike, this is DEFINATELY the place to go.
Mike seems a lot more interested in getting people out riding with
big smiles then generating frns. (fed reserve notes)

Mike's shop will welcome a lot more people to the sport. :banana:

CycleSport has great Karma.

Steevo
01-26-2009, 09:12 AM
AR,

Funny you should ask...

I bought my bar wrap out of the back of AR's van, parked across the street from the shop.

I declined his deal on the stereo equipment & the flat screen TV however.

Tom Byrnes
01-26-2009, 10:22 AM
BBDave - Very nice. Thank you. Next best thing to being there.

Michael G. - Your shop looks great. I hope to visit it sometime soon.

Pete & Keno - Talking about Figueroa and bringing a bike with a compact crank, correct? Good. It will be great to see you guys in Solvang. Is Mark going to return?

Best to all,

Tom

Lifelover
01-26-2009, 10:31 AM
. . . on YouTube. It's at . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-nAfGob9Uo

You will see the band, Kelly B., Serotta Steve and Serotta Dave Powers, Ahneida Ride wandering through the frame a few times, Keno and Serotta Pete, AND if you look closely you will even see a special guest cameo appearance by BBDave. Please forgive the primitive production values . . . It's my first YouTube video!

Enjoy! I will post still pics tomorrow. Now I really must get my beauty sleep!

BBD

Very cool vid. I can tell by the lack of expression on peoples faces that you were in street close. Next time you do a vid like that, it would be more fun if you were in full kit. Even better if it was a non cycling event.

BumbleBeeDave
01-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Very cool vid. I can tell by the lack of expression on peoples faces that you were in street close. Next time you do a vid like that, it would be more fun if you were in full kit. Even better if it was a non cycling event.

Here's what it would look like . . .

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

BBD

Pete Serotta
01-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Very nice..thanks again for coming down and doing all that work....PETE