PDA

View Full Version : ups nightmare

paulandmonster
01-23-2009, 02:14 PM
while tracking my new extreme c colnago i saw that item could not be delivered because my apartment number was not on package. so after saying to myself thats pretty stupid i called ups and had them send it to my job 2 miles away.2 days later no bike so i called they lost it. so after talking to a paerson they said i had to call shipper to begin investigation. i then said i paid for it why cant i start it they said thats policy so insted of climbing through phone and killing her i asked for supervisor. he told me same thing. i then suggested that they check both trucks as it would be different driver told him it wasa 4000 dollar bike frame how could they loose it. he then changed his tune and said hold on let me look for it less than 2 minutes later he said i have it here ill send it out on late truck you should get it tonight. moral of story allways ask for supervisor and try to be helpful plus a touch of fear dosent hurt ie the price they would be out.

Louis
01-23-2009, 02:16 PM
I'm just happy if the box shows up free of fork-lift tire marks...

jasond
01-23-2009, 02:33 PM
When I was in the Marine Corp I use to ship my Mountain Bike back and forth between San Diego and NH when I would go on leave. I stopped when UPS put a dent in the downtube. Despite me insuring it they refused to pay. Several months of arguing and they finally agreed to pay for half. The shipper luckily agreed to pay for the other half.

avalonracing
01-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Quit it guys... I'm expecting a bike on Monday via UPS!

jmeloy
01-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Quit it guys... I'm expecting a bike on Monday via UPS!
scares the crap out of me!!!

texbike
01-23-2009, 04:08 PM
I have wasted 3 FN hours on the phone with UPS today trying to track down an overnight package to one of my customers that was desperately needed for a last minute, high-visibility project (in fact, I'm sitting on hold with UPS now as I write this).

The shipment went out in three packages all to the same address (each originated from the same warehouse). Two of them made it to the customer first thing this morning. The third (most important of the three packages of course) was addressed EXACTLY the same as the other two but was rejected for not having a correct address (the shipping address doesn't have a specific street number). My company sends several hundred shipments to this address each year without incident.

UPS has no idea where the package is and cannot find it on any of their trucks (even though it shows that it was out for delivery this morning). I've called down to the local depot level and no one seems to have a clue.

Needless to say, I am NOT a fan of UPS right now. If you have other shipping options, I would suggest exploring those.

Texbike

avalonracing
01-23-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm Not Listening.... La..la..la..la...

CNY rider
01-23-2009, 06:47 PM
I'm not a UPS fan right now either.

I recently posted a thread about UPS leaving a package inside our empty garbage cans down by the curb on Christmas Eve.

Today a box with a small furniture item for my daughters came.
They left it down by the road, sitting in the snow. Temperature upper 30's so that snow was pretty wet, and no plastic bag or anything around it.

Used to get excellent service from UPS. Now, not so much. :fight:

Johny
01-23-2009, 07:36 PM
UPS must read the thread... :)

I'm not a UPS fan right now either.

I recently posted a thread about UPS leaving a package inside our empty garbage cans down by the curb on Christmas Eve.

Today a box with a small furniture item for my daughters came.
They left it down by the road, sitting in the snow. Temperature upper 30's so that snow was pretty wet, and no plastic bag or anything around it.

Used to get excellent service from UPS. Now, not so much. :fight:

paulandmonster
01-23-2009, 10:42 PM
check the cage for misprinted addresses thsats where my frame was

Ablaut
01-23-2009, 11:34 PM
My most recent UPS experience? Looked at the tracker and it said the package hadn't ever left the opposite coast. Twenty minutes later the doorbell rings and it's on my front steps!

The rest of your posts are freaking me out, though.

Blue Jays
01-23-2009, 11:55 PM
Just wanted to reiterate that avalonracing is NOT listening! :cool:
p.s. Best wishes for safe delivery of your new bike!

paulandmonster
01-24-2009, 01:25 AM
driver was very nice box was in perfect condition. driver had a bit of a smile on his face and seemed very relieved to see me accept package. i must have caused quite a stir at ups. once again allways ask for supervisor till you find someone with a brain who is willing to think and help not just a typical dumb ass worker who just keeps saying thats policy. there is a reason why people move up and others just answer phones.

avalonracing
01-24-2009, 01:30 AM
Just wanted to reiterate that avalonracing is NOT listening! :cool:
p.s. Best wishes for safe delivery of your new bike!

Nope, not listening! But why am I up reading this at 2:30 in the morning instead of sleeping peacefully? Probably because I'm afraid of having UPS nightmares.

troymac
01-24-2009, 01:52 AM
As a UPS employee of 25 years I can understand your frustration and concern for not receiving and or UPS damaging your shipment. Every company tries to cut costs and many times you lose a good bit of service when this occurs. More than a decade ago UPS outsourced their phone services and this has caused many problems. These phone center reps look at a computer screen for the answer and have limited knowledge of how a driver does his job. I spent over 18 years as a package car driver and the last thing I wanted to do was not service my customers to the best of my ability. My customers were like family. I hope in the future that all your shipments come on time and undamaged ...

Ken Robb
01-24-2009, 06:49 AM
yeah, what Troy said. Our UPS guy is Marco and everybody including the dogs loves him. I'm pretty familiar w/NYC as my office used to be 60 w.49th st. and I wonder what UPS and other delivery guys usually do when there is nobody to accept a package at a non-doorman building.

avalonracing
01-26-2009, 02:41 PM
My new (to me) Seven Sola arrived from TX on time and unharmed.
Another one of the thousands of perfect shipments that you don't usually hear about. :beer:

DHallerman
01-26-2009, 03:34 PM
yeah, what Troy said. Our UPS guy is Marco and everybody including the dogs loves him. I'm pretty familiar w/NYC as my office used to be 60 w.49th st. and I wonder what UPS and other delivery guys usually do when there is nobody to accept a package at a non-doorman building.

I lived in a non-doorman building in Brooklyn for many years. UPS did one of two things:

* Most of the time, just left a slip saying delivery was attempted

* Sometimes, if someone in the building buzzed him in, the UPS guy left the package inside the door

Dave, who believes he might have seen a woman FedEx delivery person but does not remember seeing a woman delivering for UPS

geoffm
01-26-2009, 06:18 PM
I guess I have had as many bad experiences as others, but to be fair, there are good stories, too.

On December 22 at 18:24, UPS attended Team Columbia's Service Course in Koln, Germany. I had my new bike in Calgary, Canada at 09:19 on the following day. That was Christmastime with the crazy weather everyone was having! I can't even fly there myself that fast! Bravo UPS.

kong79
01-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Before Christmas this year I purchased two wheels for my son's car off fleabay. Same shipper, same time via UPS. One went a southern route to Omaha, the other one took a northern route. They ended up together in Omaha, and shipped together to the local UPS center. They both went out for local delivery at same time (probably same truck?) One got delivered that day, the other one was listed as undeliverable until it showed up two days later.