PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Special Events

dekindy
01-23-2009, 07:40 AM
I just happened to see the "Events" section on the Serotta website and lo and behold it says that Ben Serotta and members of his design team will be at Bicycle Garage Indy North from 7:-8:30 on Saturday, February 28th during the NAHBS. That is my LBS. I will definitely be there!

Ti Designs
01-23-2009, 08:57 AM
The Serotta events page says nothing about riding bikes - there's something very wrong with that.

Ken Robb
01-23-2009, 09:43 AM
a pal just emailed me that Ben will be at B+L in Solana Beach tonight 5-7pm. We have dinner date at 6:30 but I may go for a quick visit though driving up and back in rush hour is a pain especially on Fridays. Had I known I'd have planned dinner for 7:30. :)

gman
01-23-2009, 12:09 PM
I just happened to see the "Events" section on the Serotta website and lo and behold it says that Ben Serotta and members of his design team will be at Bicycle Garage Indy North from 7:-8:30 on Saturday, February 28th during the NAHBS. That is my LBS. I will definitely be there!

Is this invitation only? I believe their store hours are up to 7pm on Saturdays.

dekindy
01-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Is this invitation only? I believe their store hours are up to 7pm on Saturdays.

They are open to 8 o'clock every night except Sunday. It is not invitation only.

MarleyMon
01-23-2009, 03:21 PM
I had a fitting session w/ Frank - he's great.
BGI is a good shop.

John H.
01-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Ben with welding goggles on? When is the last time he built a frame?

capybaras
01-23-2009, 04:30 PM
The Serotta events page says nothing about riding bikes - there's something very wrong with that.

You expect them to ride it for you too? Isn't that asking a bit much? :confused:

Ti Designs
01-24-2009, 06:12 AM
You expect them to ride it for you too? Isn't that asking a bit much? :confused:

Good point. I have an idea. Serotta has the specs for my bike, so the next time someone on the forum wants to order a new custom Serotta, have it built to my specs and I'll ride it for them! It's a win-win, they get a new Serotta, they don't have to put all that effort into riding it, and I get a network of custom bikes around the country. Maybe I should carge some small amount per mile - I'll have to think about that...

For what it's worth, Wheelworks had a Serotta event a few years back. Ben spoke on Friday night, there were a few forum members there. The next day there was a ride with Ben, lots of people said they would ride, few did.

capybaras
01-24-2009, 06:37 AM
Good point. I have an idea. Serotta has the specs for my bike, so the next time someone on the forum wants to order a new custom Serotta, have it built to my specs and I'll ride it for them! It's a win-win, they get a new Serotta, they don't have to put all that effort into riding it, and I get a network of custom bikes around the country. Maybe I should carge some small amount per mile - I'll have to think about that...

I think we can work something out. I would love to get the mileage up on the flight deck on my Serotta. It's already built so no waiting! :banana: It won't be a perfect fit for you but I am willing to pay a small amount per mile. PM me.

BumbleBeeDave
01-24-2009, 06:48 AM
Ben with welding goggles on? When is the last time he built a frame?

. . . it's more recently than you think--and that he'd still do a bit more than OK at it.

BBD

dekindy
01-24-2009, 07:11 AM
I had a fitting session w/ Frank - he's great.
BGI is a good shop.

He is the best, there is no doubt.

Ti Designs
01-24-2009, 06:48 PM
I think we can work something out. I would love to get the mileage up on the flight deck on my Serotta. It's already built so no waiting! :banana: It won't be a perfect fit for you but I am willing to pay a small amount per mile. PM me.

This isn't a 56cm Ottrott bought from Wheelworks last summer as a demo, was it?

capybaras
01-25-2009, 08:42 AM
This isn't a 56cm Ottrott bought from Wheelworks last summer as a demo, was it?

No, it's a maroon rapidtour. I think you will like it. The cranks are 172.5 so that will help even out the size for you.