PDA

View Full Version : Concour CS

Bodes
01-23-2009, 05:11 AM
I stirred the possum with my Australian dealer on a Concours CS with Chorus grouppo & Ksyrium SL wheelset. I know it's superceded but it's a Legend GS with a Euro (older) badge.

To me the Concours, (Legend) traditional (parallel top tube) is the embodiment of the finest piece of craftsmanship in a bicycle.

Can you show me your Concours CS or Legend GS so I understand what you love about your Serotta.

5 more sleeps before I can jump aboard the magical mystery tour.

Ahneida Ride
01-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Love straight Top Tube Concours/Legends... ;) :banana: :beer: :p

rugbysecondrow
01-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Here is my Concours. I bought the frame and built it up with parts from a Giant TCR. Anyway, I will slowly outfit it with better components, but it rides like a dream now. Immediatly, I think I will put a new stem on it and a new seat. What do you think, a one piece black quill or a adapter post with a stem?

I think the straight TT looks clean and classic. I am partial to the naked frame as well. For me, it is understated and fits with the frame geometry.

Cheers.

Paul

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=54517

mule
01-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Great bike..

abqhudson
01-23-2009, 11:23 AM
My Serotta Concours (matte logos and carbon seat stays) is the best riding bike I have owned and I've owned another Serotta (Ti and CF), two Sevens (Ti), a custom Crumpton (CF), a custom Kish (Ti), a Colnago (steel), a Cannondale (Al) and a Raleigh (Al) that I remember.

Buy a Serotta, you won't regret it.

djg
01-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Congrats man. I don't have one myself, but my HSG Ti is a killer bike first and foremost, and very, very nicely made as well (I think I have pics of rear dropouts and such posted here somewhere). There's a bit of a slope to the tt, which may be enough to put you off your feed, but I think it's sweet.

JumpStart
01-24-2009, 12:05 PM
I've always been happy to ride my Concours CS. The cost is long forgotten while the quality lives on!

Elefantino
01-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Why ruin a perfect Concours frame with a carbon rear end? :cool:

JumpStart
01-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Why ruin a perfect Concours frame with a carbon rear end? :cool:

...because I like a "rear end" that is smooth and curvy!! :D

Bodes
01-25-2009, 04:52 AM
'Mule' that black is stealth and 'JumpStart' naked is soooo nice when you have such a well built body.

I'm going naked but I'll have to avoid my regular routes until I've put some serious K's (miles) on becuae since I was last motivated I've put some serious K's (kilos) on.

There is nothing more motivating than a sublime new ride and there is no nicer ride than a Ti Serotta.

Been searching for pics of Legends (Concours) and have not had much success. Please direct me if you know where they are. The world will be a better place when they see how good a bike can look. I want to see more of Serottas paint jobs.

Elefantino
01-25-2009, 05:45 AM
Been searching for pics of Legends (Concours) and have not had much success. Please direct me if you know where they are. The world will be a better place when they see how good a bike can look. I want to see more of Serottas paint jobs.
Do a search for both in the Image Gallery.

You'll find lots.