PDA

View Full Version : pissed con't

ridemoreoften
01-20-2009, 04:04 PM
called serotta customer service after the $1650 quote to repaint my ciii half and half (white/platinum) with a black pin stripe on the seat and down tubes. was told the frame only arrived 12/15, however, bike shop confirmed to me it shipped months before. called to express my opinion about the pricing not to enter a debate and soon had a debater on the other end of the phone. disappointing service imho to someone who has supported the brand and touted the quality and ride. final message from serotta customer service was to send the frame someplace else. ok. no kidding. i do love the ciii but am dissapointed with serotta on this one. i am considering calling the owner to discuss further. for a niche brand i suggest you not push your customer base away, especially in these times.
signed: disappointed with serotta and considering if i will ever buy another.
ps who ever at serotta reads this i hope this goes to ben himself because he deserves to know.

Pete Serotta
01-20-2009, 04:13 PM
the RA (return authorization) was only requested from SEROTTA on 12/15 by the dealer. They then sent the frame. Let me suggest you get the shipping receipt from your dealer and see when they shipped it.

There are always "at least" two sides to every conversation. The one I have heard from Serotta is not the one you list.

Ben has been involved. Please also see my message to you previously, as well as my offer to assist you in any way I can. Pete@serotta.com

Serotta wants your business - and all the business they can attract both from existing and new customers.

The price of repaint was based on the paint job you wanted. I listed some of the prices to you but a single color is about $600.

Louis
01-20-2009, 04:15 PM
IMO this is not the best forum in which one might try to resolve these sorts of issues.

Louis

Pete Serotta
01-20-2009, 04:20 PM
IMO this is not the best forum in which one might try to resolve these sorts of issues.

Louis

Thanks Louis, I agree with you. I think that he wanted to voice his displeasure with Serotta. I hope that he sends me a private note so we can discuss in more detail

If others feel thread should be closed or deleted, I will do that. What I did not want to do is close it for I disagree with his version of events. The price is about what that custom paint job would cost retail

PETE

Ahneida Ride
01-20-2009, 04:39 PM
I had a problem with my F1 fork when I purchased my Legend...
The problem was not exactly Serotta's fault.

Since I live near the factory, I dropped by. Ben personally
resolved the issue. Ben could have easily walked by me as
he was going out to lunch. Instead he stopped and got directly
involved. How many CEO's would do that?

Is Serotta perfect? Please name one human run organization that is.

I read your post and to be rather honest, I don't quite understand the
issue. I hope you will allow Serotta to work with you to resolve it.

false_Aest
01-20-2009, 04:47 PM
I dont want Ridemoreoften to feel that closing his thread is censorship but I agree that the forum isn't the place to resolve this especially since most of us can't do anything about it.

Smiley
01-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Its not a good quorum to voice this displeasure. If you need Ben's direct e-mail I'll give it to you. I don't don't know if posioning the well makes any sense to get your point across. What if Serotta really got your bike on 12-15-08. I think most of your arguments would be awash. So please get the facts first.

KJMUNC
01-20-2009, 05:01 PM
If the debate is the shipping time, that should be easily addressed by following Pete's advice above and getting more info from your LBS on ship dates, etc.

If the debate is on the cost of repaint I won't beat that dead horse since it seems the service Serotta is providing doesn't match your definition of a standard repaint, or at least not in the price range you wanted.

Either way this thread is just taking up space now.

Pete Serotta
01-20-2009, 05:06 PM
thanks PETE