PDA

View Full Version : A reminder

tuscanyswe
01-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Yesterday i rolled out (bikemessenger) as usuall. About 5 min in, i catch my reflection in a window and realise im not wearing a helmet. I guess during winter its easier to forget since im wearing a hat below and the difference in feel is not that big with or without helmet. So i turn back as one should.

Today my colleague forgot his helmet aswell. Hes been doing this for 12 years on and off and says he thinks he wore a helmet every single day more or less.

Today he dident turn back. He dont know how cause he cant recall anything from the fall or even falling, but somehow, somewhere he went down and hit his head. He seems okay but has memory gaps from the incident and also a possible fracture in a bone behind his eyebrow.

Now thats some unebelivable bad luck falling the very day you forget your helmet. But it still happends.

Wear your helmets at all times !

fiamme red
01-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Wear your helmets at all times !Even when I brush my teeth?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

tuscanyswe
01-20-2009, 02:33 PM
:beer:

I dident even use to wear a helmet, but ive seen som unlucky stuff on my bike, some lucky too :)

regularguy412
01-20-2009, 03:45 PM
I've actually considered wearing one of my old helmets while driving my car. :beer:

Mike in AR

konstantkarma
01-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the reminder. I hope your colleague is OK. I feel naked without my helmet, and now place it on my saddle after every ride so I don't forget.

Once in a while I wear my helmet in the car when my wife drives. She is a patient woman with a sense of humor :rolleyes: .