PDA

View Full Version : chainlove, and now bonktown for the road

happycampyer
01-19-2009, 09:19 AM
For those who are interested, chainlove.com has created a road-specific site called bonktown.com. FWII, chainlove.com will focus on mtb gear.

Volant
01-19-2009, 09:38 AM
I got that e-mail this morning too. I checked out Bonktown and they had a pair of sunglasses listed. About 10 minutes later, the same sunglasses popped up on Chainlove. I guess they'll just keep components separate, so we'll see the same apparel, sunglasses, etc. on both. I've been pleased with buying from Chainlove, so, I'd expect the same with Bonktown.

scottsmith12
01-19-2009, 09:48 AM
I've had good experiences as well.

happycampyer
01-19-2009, 10:30 AM
They now have the LAS Squalo helmet for $86--that's a great deal. I've had very good experiences buying from chainlove, so it's a welcome relief (to me at least) that they are splitting the products up.

Cinci Jim
01-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Freedom from countless offerings of baggy Oakley MTB shorts!

:banana:

avalonracing
01-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Wow, I just checked it out and they have new Merlin Works bikes for 50% off!
$2167 with Ultegra (no M/L or L). I own one of these bikes and they are fantastic race bikes! Hell, if they had my size I'd buy one just to have the same bike with different color bar tape.

CNY rider
01-19-2009, 12:18 PM
I just keep seeing the Merlins over and over.
They list for 90 seconds, I hit refresh and get the same thing with 90 seconds again..... :confused:

bumperjohn
01-19-2009, 01:02 PM
If you go to www.steepandcheap.com you can see all 5 of their sites, whiskey militia, tramdock, chainlove, steep and cheap, and bonktown. The specials are listed on the right hand side of the page. It beats visiting multiple sites if you just want a quick glance at the offerings.

John

pdmtong
01-19-2009, 09:55 PM
thought bumperjohn's advice was the ticket...but I have found that steepandcheap isnt as current as hitting the inidividual sites directly. bummer, I hoped that would work. these sites are such a tease...every now and again I hit somethign i actually want...but usually it's that same old oakley baggie short we all know and despise

Steve in SLO
01-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Oh great, I thought I'd bought enough at Chainlove, yet here's another wonderful step on the slippery slope to bankruptcy.

djg
01-20-2009, 09:14 AM
I've been tempted by a few small indulgences at chainlove (and maybe one or two larger ones). It's nice to see the split -- I check the site from time to time and, as often as not, what I see is some of the ugliest mtb kit on the face of this planet or any other. Maybe they'll find equally nasty road kit, but thus far, the few times I've checked I've seen perfectly respectable looking castelli stuff (maybe not that great, as I was already tempted to nab a jacket I might have done without).