PDA

View Full Version : OT: Mac Wireless mouse & keyboard

William
01-19-2009, 07:24 AM
I知 waffling back & forth between a MacBook/Pro or an iMac. If I go the iMac route I知 thinking wireless mouse & keyboard and I知 curious if any forum users might have some first hand experience to share.

Thanks,
William

rwsaunders
01-19-2009, 07:31 AM
The wireless mouse rocks...1 year between batteries. Check the reviews on the Apple website...they're usually spot on.

weatherman
01-19-2009, 07:33 AM
I知 waffling back & forth between a MacBook/Pro or an iMac. If I go the iMac route I知 thinking wireless mouse & keyboard and I知 curious if any forum users might have some first hand experience to share.

Thanks,
William

Made the move to an iMac in May and went with the wireless keyboard and mouse. Have been very happy. If you do lots of number entry/spreadsheet work you might not be happy--no dedicated number keypad--gotta use the stuff across the top. Beyond that, A+.

paczki
01-19-2009, 07:33 AM
I use a Macbook Pro and the wireless mouse/keyboard. Works pretty well, although I have to change the batteries more than once a year.

pmac
01-19-2009, 07:48 AM
I've used both types. As already noted, the lack of a number keypad on the wireless keyboard can be a big disadvantage if you do a lot of number entry. Not yet noted, the wireless mouse seems to weigh quite a bit more than the wired version, presumably because of the batteries. I didn't like the feel of moving it around because of that, but maybe I didn't use it long enough to adapt. Wireless is certainly more convenient most of the time.

Paul

xjoex
01-19-2009, 09:16 AM
I use a logitech wireless mouse and keyboard with my mac. Works fine.

-joe

kestrel
01-19-2009, 09:27 AM
I use a logitech wireless mouse and keyboard with my mac. Works fine.

-joe

+1 ^ , and I will add cheap.

dogdriver
01-19-2009, 09:31 AM
I have small children-- the wireless mouse disappeard into the ether in less than a week. Worked fine while it lasted, though. Back to the "Old School" wired version with good results. Intend to return to the wireless version when the youngest turns six or so. Of course, this may not be such a good idea, either, as my wife left a wireless phone handset on the station wagon roof a while back-- current whereabouts unknown. Just in case you're wondering, if you buy the ATT (or any other brand, I'd guess) 4-pack phone kit that requires only one house phone jack and you lose one of the handsets, you can't replace it-- either live with 3 handsets (our current condition, quite amusing with 4 charge stations sitting around) or buy another set.

On second thought, I think the mouse shall remained wired until I can install a cipher lock on the office.

Just some food for thoght, Chris

Flat Out
01-19-2009, 09:32 AM
I've had the wireless mouse for a long time and I've never had issues with it.

scottsmith12
01-19-2009, 09:36 AM
I've had my 24" iMac for about 18 months now and I love it. It's great for media and I really like the keyboard that it comes with. That said I have purchased my last desktop machine. Nothing quite like sitting in my recliner and surfing with the laptop.

With their larger screens they make personal media viewing really great. My technophobe wife loves watching movies with the screen sitting in her lap also.

William
01-20-2009, 04:50 AM
Thanks for the replies folks! :cool:

William

Pete Serotta
01-20-2009, 07:40 AM
I have the first generation wireless keyboard and mouse.. They work great, setup is very easy, and no problems in 2.5 years.. except batteries do not replacing about every 8 months BUT that is dependent on battery type/brand and how often you use the keyboard/mouse

Mine is used with an external monitor and Macbook Pro

I use a Macbook Pro and the wireless mouse/keyboard. Works pretty well, although I have to change the batteries more than once a year.