PDA

View Full Version : century tomorrow! solo

jerk
11-28-2004, 10:18 PM
just wanted to let you kids know....the jerk is taking the new colnago on its debut century tomorrow rain or shine.....will report back on this thread.
goodnight,
jerk

BumbleBeeDave
11-28-2004, 10:21 PM
. . . happens upon you while riding his $70 fixie and drops you like a bad habit! :rolleyes: ;)

Good luck! . . . :)

BBDave

weisan
11-28-2004, 10:22 PM
Senor Jerk, here's a last-minute change to your training plan for the ride tomorrow: Go at the leisure pace of 20 mph average.

Have a GREAT ride! :D

TimD
11-29-2004, 07:10 AM
Looks like you have some nice weather for that century. Ride strong!

TimD

M_A_Martin
11-29-2004, 04:20 PM
Well? How did it go?

Kevan
11-29-2004, 04:28 PM
brought lights! :D

weisan
11-29-2004, 05:16 PM
The Jerk: "...average 20 mph, you must be kidding me!!! #@*#(&@)(#)!)(*@ :butt:"

jerk
11-29-2004, 05:43 PM
it was great....a little cool but it was great for the jerk to get back on the bike. the colnago was perfect in everyway. the thing has that tank like feeling but is so light and lively that it just screams to go faster and harder. it wins best bike the jerk has ever ridden hands down. it seems to have all the atributes of all the great bikes the jerk has ridden with none of the negatives.....alot of today's ride was on a lot of chewed up bad pavement....its not so much that the thing is super comfy...more that its super solid and really surefooted. there's no tinnyness or vibrations when you hit a hole in the road just a solid hit...it's tough to explain. the thing sort of rides like the jerk's mx leader in that reagrd but it is far more torsionally rigid and so much lighter. one thing that really surprised the jerk was how aware he was of the rest of the bike....the wheels, the tires, even the seat. the frame and fork and fit and balance was so spot on that the little things seemed much more apparent...oh to all you m*******s out there, 117 still sucks...but its so much better than it used to be. the jerk thought he would take it easy but its impossible to do on the c50...it really makes you push the bike and it seems one is going slower than one actually is. if you can afford one, get one.

just for the curious: 23.2 average. and the jerk was only passed by one red fixed gear bike found in a garbage can. but in all honesty, that is so much faster than the jerk thought he was going. the jerk was definatly pushing it and the jerk hurts alot right now but still...a nice bike was good for the extra mph.

jerk

Matt Barkley
11-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Have a beer or two - you'll feel less 'knackered. :beer:

I like your comment about the C-50 - "super solid" - maybe tank like - but in a good way. Attributes to a bike that when pushed will show you how good a bike can be. On rough roads, steep hills, or at high speeds especially. - Matt

bulliedawg
11-30-2004, 08:41 AM
just for the curious: 23.2 average.

jerk

And the Bullidawg's nipples swell with pride when he averages in the 18 MPH range solo.

Jeez

BumbleBeeDave
11-30-2004, 10:38 AM
Just note the Jerk-issimo says nothing about drafting that beer truck for 67 miles! ;) :rolleyes:

BBDave

weisan
11-30-2004, 11:26 AM
Bravo Senor Jerk! What more can be said of the man who can back it up with results. ;)

bags27
11-30-2004, 12:06 PM
the jerk was only passed by one red fixed gear bike found in a garbage can. jerk

It was NOT found in a garbage can: it was found dumped behind a store. Paleeese: the bike had class.

jerk
11-30-2004, 12:20 PM
sorry, just making a joke. it is always the rider after all. you guys should see the jerk's garbage bike....(old holdsworth frame fixed gear)

bags27
11-30-2004, 12:25 PM
And taken as a joke. You century sounds like a wonderful ride...and the C-50...well, that's one that will never be found in a dump!

csb
12-01-2004, 09:46 PM
if a walnut(s) were to be placed in the carbon colnagos
chain stay voids, could you crack them while riding?

slowgoing
12-01-2004, 10:11 PM
you can stick your walnuts in there, but not me.

dbrk
12-01-2004, 11:28 PM
This is one of those boring questions but it's winter here...please someone entertain me. Jerkpal?

How about the Fondriest offerings in carbon. The Top Carbon and Lex are both HM carbon. Granted they cost a fortune but would someone care to comment on how these hold up quality-wise next to the Colnago? Anyone actually have one of these badboys?

I actually had a Fondriest and I loved the quality but not the ride. I'd do it again if I were confident of the ride (and got something like a sane price!)
There's karma around what Fondriest did to its dealers, a real shame.

Somebody know about these carbones?

dbrk

Bill Bove
12-02-2004, 04:11 AM
There's karma around what Fondriest did to its dealers, a real shame.-True that.

DBRK, have you taken a look at the Orbea Orca? I'm more of a tradionalist that prefers round tubes over a monocoque style frame but the guys who work for me have them and love them.