PDA

View Full Version : OT: Steelers vs Ravens

rwsaunders
01-18-2009, 07:37 AM
Cold, snowy and a lot of player intensity....it promises to be a good football game in spite of the politicians...

Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl forced his will on the AFC championship news by temporarily changing his last name to Steelerstahl. Even if the Allegheny County Department of Court Records accidentally changes his name to, say, Toiletstahl, he'll still have had a better week than Baltimore Mayor Sheila Dixon. Dixon was indicted Jan. 9 on charges of theft, perjury, misconduct and fraudulent misappropriation.

Jeff N.
01-18-2009, 07:52 AM
Pittsburgh may win, but they won't cover the 6 points, I don't think. We shall see. They sure exposed the weaknesses of by beloved Bolts, that's for sure. Jeff N.

97CSI
01-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Go Ravens!

Jeff N.
01-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Go Ravens!I've got a hundred on the Ravens to win straight up (wife's in Vegas). Ray Lewis is gonna have to be in Ben's face all day to make it happen, and Flacco must be flawless. Jeff N.

mcteague
01-18-2009, 01:22 PM
I live in Baltimore and have ZERO interest in football, baseball and most other sports. I can see doing them, just not watching them. I cannot get over all the people I see in Ravens jerseys, cars with flags and the general inundation by the color purple everywhere. I never knew woman liked football this much but about half the Ravens shirts I see are worn by females. The newspaper has Ravens on the front page daily, work meetings are peppered by Ravens talk and even the clerks at the grocery store are wearing team jerseys. Arrrgghhhh!

Tim

avalonracing
01-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Tim, I'm in Baltimore too and.... +1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will say that during the game is a great time to ride. The roads are quiet as can be during the game... but before the game (everyone rushing out for beer and chips) or after the game (drunks partying or depressed) the roads are a bad place to be.

ti_boi
01-18-2009, 01:25 PM
My wife is a PA girl...so she is hopeful for an all PA Superbowl...and I simply agree....as usual.

:rolleyes:

rwsaunders
01-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Try living here, McT...the nightly news (30 minutes) format of the three Pittsburgh TV stations consists of:

A. Storm-tracker weather (10 minutes)
B. Dog rescue story (5 minutes)
C. Steelers football (10 minutes)
D. High school football (5 minutes)

RABikes2
01-18-2009, 02:17 PM
I've made a huge batch of ham, cabbage, and potatoes ... simmering on the stove. Beer is in the refrigerator. And at 6:30, I plan to be sitting in front of the TV with the Steelers. Born and raised in Pittsburgh, no matter how many years ago you moved from that place, once a Steeler fan ... always a Steeler fan. Most of the emails I've received over the past two weeks from Pittsburgh relatives have had reference to the Steelers, too. They don't let you forget. :rolleyes:
RA

johnnymossville
01-18-2009, 03:59 PM
I Live in Baltimore.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff N.
01-18-2009, 04:00 PM
I live in Baltimore and have ZERO interest in football, baseball and most other sports. I can see doing them, just not watching them. I cannot get over all the people I see in Ravens jerseys, cars with flags and the general inundation by the color purple everywhere. I never knew woman liked football this much but about half the Ravens shirts I see are worn by females. The newspaper has Ravens on the front page daily, work meetings are peppered by Ravens talk and even the clerks at the grocery store are wearing team jerseys. Arrrgghhhh!

TimYou guys need to get on the BANDWAGON! I've got hard-earned MONEY on your Ravens! And if so many women are wearing Ravens jerseys...my goodness, man, what does that tell you????! :) Jeff N.

pdxmech13
01-18-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm about to turn the game on. My biggest question on the group ride this morning was if they where gonna need zambonies to help clear the feild. :D

rwsaunders
01-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Steelers vs Cardinals.....

Jeff N.
01-18-2009, 09:37 PM

Louis
01-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Steelers vs Cardinals.....

I was happy for Kurt Warner. He's been treated in a shabby manner recently, so this is sweet redemption for him.

I wonder if Brenda (his wife) is still talking to the sports talk radio guys. When he was in St Louis she contributed to a few tempest-in-a-teapot issues.

Question: Given that this will be his third SuperBowl and the fact that he has had two MVP seasons, win or loose this SB, is he Hall of Fame material?

Louis

johnnymossville
01-18-2009, 09:42 PM
I hope Willis is ok.

Yeah Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fierte_poser
01-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Question: Given that this will be his third SuperBowl and the fact that he has had two MVP seasons, win or loose this SB, is he Hall of Fame material?

Win and in.

Lose and out.

Ray
01-19-2009, 05:52 AM
Win and in.

Lose and out.
No, I think Warner gets in. Kelly never won a Super Bowl and he's in. Warner will have won at least one and been in only one fewer than Kelly. And doing it with multiple teams tells you something about the guy's individual talent. Favre was only in two and only won one and he's a shoe-in. I'd for sure vote for Warner.

I'm an Eagles guy and I was amazed the Eagles were able to make it close last night, the way the Cardinals dominated them in the first half. They almost managed to pull it out but to completely shut down the AZ offense for an entire half was just asking too much. All praise to the Cardinals - they completely deserve to be there. Two teams on hot streaks met yesterday and AZ was clearly the better one. Amazingly, listening to a couple of the Philly post-game shows, most of the Philly fans, who can be pretty ridiculous, were pretty reasonable about the fact that the Eagles just got beat by a really good team that deserved to win. Not much of the usual "they CHOKED", "they SUCK", "FIRE Reid and McNabb" crap you can hear too often from Philly fans. A little bit, for sure, but not much. And you just gotta love Larry Fitzgerald - the guy is a total monster and he doesn't even seem to be an a$$hole or a prima donna. Just a great great player that ANY team would like to have.

I'm glad the Steelers won. I was hoping for an all PA Supe. If nothing else, to see how Ed Rendell dealt with it - the Guv's a huge (in every sense of the word) Eagles fan - even sits on one of the post-game TV panels. But he'd have had to be at least somewhat respectful of his constituents in the Pittsburgh area. And he's just an entertaining guy, whatever you think of his politics.

Should be a fun game. An incredible offense against an incredible defense and some good players on the other units too. I'll root for Pittsburgh, but I'll be happy with a good game, regardless of who wins. You can't really dislike the Cardinals. And even as an ex-Baltimoron, I didn't like the Ravens (I'll never get over the Colts) and was glad to see them go down. But I hope Willis is OK. That was a brutal collision. I was a DB in high school and was involved in a couple of head-ons where neither one of us got up for a while. And we were so small and slow in comparison to those guys, I can't imagine the forces at work when two pro-players hit each other like that.

-Ray

Jeff N.
01-19-2009, 07:50 AM
Good, or even great, franchises come and go but them Steelers have remained pretty constant the last 35-40 years. Jeff N.

Volant
01-19-2009, 09:47 AM
It should be a good game. I'm cheering for the Cards just because they've never played in the 'bowl (Superbowl wasn't around in '47).