PDA

View Full Version : Arm warmer recommendations?

woolly
11-28-2004, 08:51 PM
OK, I've torn the house apart looking for my arm warmers without sucess. Just might be time for a new pair. I've been using PI's Therma Fleece ones, and have been pretty satisfied, but wonder if the Assos or Castelli's are worth a few extra bucks. Or, possibly even a pair of WoolyWarm's from Rivendell? Other suggestions? I once had a pair of no-name el-cheapo's, but they drove me crazy because they would just not stay in place.

Thnx in advance!

-Chris

dirtdigger88
11-28-2004, 09:02 PM
how about those cool ones that make you look like you have an arm full of tatoos. . . those are nice :)

jason

csb
11-28-2004, 09:07 PM
perhaps pumped up popeye

Bill Bove
11-28-2004, 09:09 PM
www.velowear.com

Click on warmers, why pay more?

Peter
11-28-2004, 09:11 PM
I recommend DeFeet armwarmers. I've had mine for several years. They haven't sagged or lost their shape yet. They're tubular knit, so there are no seams. They don't slide down my arms, even as scrawny as I am. I also had a very positive customer service experience with the company, where they exchanged a pair of hard to obtain Saturn team socks I schmoozed off of someone, for a pair of the proper size-and I didn't have send them the socks; they merely sent me a pair of the proper size! They'll get my business!

jeffg
11-28-2004, 09:15 PM
I am about to try Bergamo armwarmers with superroubaix fabric (a bit warmer than my old lycra ones). I just purchased a jacket from Bergamo and am exceptionally pleased with the quality and workmanship -- better than Assos IMO in terms of fit and finish, and way cheaper. The boure tights I received seem great, too. I'll let you know about the arm warmers when they get here ...

eddief
11-28-2004, 09:21 PM
consider the Wooly Warms from Riv. I have lycra ones and black Wooly Warms, and in most cases I put on the Woolies.

jerk
11-28-2004, 10:10 PM
the new cervelo arm warmers are nice....they are all about muscle compression which seems pretty legitimate and they come in white...if you're fast enough to wear white....
jerk

Jack Brunk
11-28-2004, 10:13 PM
black Gore Windstoppers. There both wind and waterproof and they breathe great.

Jack

lnomalley
11-28-2004, 10:18 PM
Verge makes my favorite arm and knee warmers!!! They stay up and are the perfect thickness.

you can get them direct from verge online...

93legendti
11-29-2004, 12:11 AM
I recommend DeFeet armwarmers. I've had mine for several years. They haven't sagged or lost their shape yet. They're tubular knit, so there are no seams. They don't slide down my arms, even as scrawny as I am. I also had a very positive customer service experience with the company, where they exchanged a pair of hard to obtain Saturn team socks I schmoozed off of someone, for a pair of the proper size-and I didn't have send them the socks; they merely sent me a pair of the proper size! They'll get my business!

Another vote for DeFeets. I have had mine for 3 years. They stay up perfectly, go on and off easy while riding and are very warm. Nice price too.

Climb01742
11-29-2004, 03:33 AM
i've been very happy with black boure knee and arm warmers. maybe someday i'll be fast enuf to wear white ones! :rolleyes:

Bruce K
11-29-2004, 05:11 AM
My Volers have lasted nicely and there are plenty of colors to choose from and the price is certainly right.

Just got a pair of Verge's at the Northampton cross race for $10 so no opinion yet other than they look warmer than the Volers (slightly thicker).

BK

shaq-d
11-29-2004, 05:41 AM
i also like my defeet's. they feel good and look good...

sd

Kevin
11-29-2004, 05:57 AM
I have been happy with my Castellis.

Kevin

Keith A
11-29-2004, 09:02 AM
Yet another vote for the DeFeets and just as others have stated, they stay up great and work fine. You can get these right now for only $9.99 at Longs Cycle (http://www.longscycle.com/webstore/ProductDetails1.asp?ProductID=943&VisID=41421) You might end up with a pair with a logo on it, but for only ten bucks, it's hard to beat this deal.

Chief
11-29-2004, 09:10 AM
I have a pair of DeFeet and Volers--both are very good with the DeFeet being slightly warmer than the Volers. Both are reasonably priced and serve the puprose admirably.

Dirtdog
11-29-2004, 09:19 AM
I vote for Defeet arm warmers and knee warmers also, but if you have large bulging biceps and kness like I do they can be a little tight. Some have said they cut off blood circulation to my brain. :bike:

shinomaster
11-29-2004, 10:40 AM
I just got a pair of the Giordana roubaix warmers from Competative cyclist on sale. Much warmer than my flimsy old bellweather tubes. Nice colors too.

Marron
11-29-2004, 12:18 PM
I too have the long skinny arm problem and the only ones that really fit in length and width are Nikes. When new they almost cut off your circulation.

FATBOY
11-29-2004, 12:36 PM
For those that have used the Woolie Boolie socks from Defeet they now have an arm warmer of similar weight fabric. They are perhaps a little bulkier at the elbow but they are warmer than the regular armskins and they dry super fast. They are not, however, available in a plethora of cool colors (unless you think dark grey is cool).

itsalldark
11-29-2004, 09:12 PM
I would also recomend the DeFeet arm warmers and they make great knee warmers also. I have the Merino wool model which I really like and they were much less then the Assos pair I got as a gift!