PDA

View Full Version : Sportcrafters Rollers Rock

oldfatslow
01-17-2009, 07:13 AM
Hey all, so I bought a set of Sportscrafters rollers four-five years ago and always felt they were a great investment (smooth, relatively quiet, and about half the price of the Keitlers). I have their alloy set (they subsequently launch a lower cost poly version as well).

Anyway, when I pulled them out for this Winter's fun I noticed that the axle for one of the rollers had sheered off at the frame which meant that when I rode them they make all kinds of noise (a tight drum is a happy and quiet drum). Let me add that they live in the garage where they sometimes get tipped over (they fold in half for storage) so it's not at all out of the question that the broken axle was a user problem.

I was planning on replacing them but stumbled on the Sportscrafters site (www.sportscrafters.com) on the internet but it looked a little out of date and I figured they might be out of business. I took a flyer and sent the contact on the site an e-mail and about two hours later I had a reply with an offer to help.

Peter at Sportscrafters sent, at no charge to me, a replacement drum assembly and new belt (didn't have to ask for that). It's in route to me via FedEx ground and while I haven't received it I expect it will set me up for 1000's of hours of more "fun".

So props to Sportscrafters. If you want some rollers I highly recommend their product and while I've never shopped at either of these online retailers here's where you can pick them up:

http://www.frontofthepack.com/
http://www.branfordbike.com/

The alloy version I purchased is now about $270 and they are awesome. With tremdous commitment to a well made product I can't recommend Sportscrafters enough.

[I posted this across the aisle so sorry for the duplication but good customer care deserves props and I know some are polarized and only read the gospel on one side or the other.]

Nil Else
01-17-2009, 09:11 AM
I have the exact same rollers from about the same year... still fine and going... but I sort of noticed they weren't on the Colorado Cyc's catalog for the last few years.. and thought they went out of biz... Good to hear they are still around and supporting their product.

Peter P.
01-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the notice. I'm ALWAYS interested in knowing which companies offer superior customer service.

I will add that I had dealings with Kreitler once for replacement parts. I was able to contact them directly and purchased replacement decals and a belt for a Kreitler frame I was repainting. Well, I screwed up the paint job and needed to order more decals. They were sent free of charge. Thanks, Kreitler.