PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale Super Six Experience

alancw3
01-16-2009, 11:03 AM
hey all, anyone have a c'dale supersix that they can give an evaluation on? having had a great experience with the six13 with over 15,000 miles on (size 63cm fits like a glove) and due to the fact that other carbon fiber frames seem to end at 60cm i am interested in acquiring one of these. the 63cm has a 60cm top tube which fits me perfectly in combination with a 120 stem and a zero setback seat post. thanks in advance for any input.

runtimmyc
01-16-2009, 12:34 PM
edit....I though you asked about system six.

I have a friend with a super six and he likes it a lot. Other than that, I have no experience with them.

Lanternrouge
01-16-2009, 01:14 PM
I have a SuperSix and am pretty happy with it, although I have had some issues with regard to chain angle when in the small chainring and the smaller cogs. Other than that, it's a pleasure to ride and handles well. Everyone I know who has is pretty happy and they are especially please with the handling. Mine is a 50cm, so obviously the handling may differ on a larger model.

bigman
01-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Cannondale rep told me for big guys the system six was a better choice than the super - pretty sure they discontinued the systemsix - may only be able to find these used.

1centaur
01-16-2009, 06:38 PM
My comments are searchable, but I am very happy with mine. I had a year 1 Six13 and traded it in for a year one SuperSix. Solid, efficient, takes a single bump very well but does not roll over constant broken pavement with top decile aplomb, light but not very light. No hesitation to take it on a hilly route. I think I called it an engineering achievement more than an artistic one. I think I know why pros like it - it gets the job done very professionally. I like it better with 303s than handbuilts - they match each other's character.

dekindy
01-16-2009, 09:47 PM
My riding buddy rode his Synapse for a year and then rented a Super Six while on vacation in Vegas. He liked it so much that he bought one and sold his Synapse. Part of the motivation for the change was that he could not get the Synapse to fit quite right so he was going to change frame sizes anyway. The other part of the equation was that he had just started riding the year before he purchased the Synapse. He realized after riding a full season with more veteran and faster riders that he was more interested in performance than he thought he would be.

alancw3
01-17-2009, 06:19 AM
thanks all i appreciate the comments. size and fit as well as performance are of ultmost importance to me (i tend to like a larger framed bike). for whatever reason c'dale's 63cm geometry in combination with a 120 stem and zero setback seatpost produces the best balanced and handling bike i have owned in forty years. my 2006 six13 has the same geo as the super six and the system six so fit will not be a problem. i was concerned about stiffness particularly for a big guy (6'4" and 220). i have yet to hear of anyone not liking their super six. although not qite as stiff as the system six it appears to be adequate and a little more forgiving on longer rides. the only issue i can possibly see is the proprietary fork and headset. kind of limits your options to change if need be.

yim
01-17-2009, 07:41 AM
I have a SuperSix and am pretty happy with it, although I have had some issues with regard to chain angle when in the small chainring and the smaller cogs. Other than that, it's a pleasure to ride and handles well. Everyone I know who has is pretty happy and they are especially please with the handling. Mine is a 50cm, so obviously the handling may differ on a larger model.

Hi,

Could you tell me the details of the issues?

I am unlucky because I have bought one with the dropout not perfectly algined.

The dealer filing the left dropout and the problem was improved a bit but the rear wheel is still about 2mm off centered.

I sent email to cannondale and got some replies but no answer to the warrantly claim possiblity.

I think that they don't feel that is serious fault.