PDA

View Full Version : Kryptonite lock exchange/replacement

Ken Robb
11-27-2004, 06:57 PM
I've had no response to my request for a return authorization. Have any of you got a good address or link for the return program?

eddief
11-27-2004, 07:08 PM
and received a prepaid shipping envelope. Shipped it back and they sent a new lock. Unfortunately, I sent in my bike mounting bracket with the old lock and the new lock did not come with one.

Ken Robb
11-27-2004, 07:16 PM
where did you find the address for the request?

eddief
11-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Ken,

Originally I went to the Krypto website and there found full instructions on the exchange program. I just tried the site and was unable to get into it. A program like this with a zillion faulty locks out and about could bring a small company to its knees. Hope that does not happen to them.
Sorry I could not be of more help.

Ken Robb
11-27-2004, 08:23 PM
that's what happened to me too so I thought I'd see if there was a secret that I missed.

bubba
11-28-2004, 12:29 PM
I've had no response to my request for a return authorization. Have any of you got a good address or link for the return program?No response to my e-mail. Snail mail is Kryptonite Lock Exchange, 437 Turnpike St. Canton, MA 02021.

Nora
11-28-2004, 01:58 PM
I don't know what happened to their website, but I was told that if I have questions about the lock exchange program, I should contact their customer service at locktalk@irco.com

After I sent them my address and lock info, it took them about 1 month to issue a USP return label, and took another 3 weeks or so before I got my new lock. Also, they agreed to transfer my anti-theft protection to the replaced lock for free. Hope this helps