PDA

View Full Version : OT: I really wish this were a joke . . .

BumbleBeeDave
01-13-2009, 08:09 AM
My sister sent me this link. As far as I can tell it's real. You have to be sure and read the reviews. It's funny, sad, and infuriating all at the same time.

http://www.amazon.com/Playmobil-3172-Security-Check-Point/dp/B0002CYTL2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

BBD

BumbleBeeDave
01-13-2009, 08:16 AM
Down under "customers also viewed" there's a Playmobil "safe crackers," a
police checkpoint," and even a "gladiator." I'm honestly afraid to search further to see what other "gladiator" figures they offer . . . :eek:

BBD

derosa_guy
01-13-2009, 08:34 AM
OK, that's about the best thing ever. The reviews are classic.

gemship
01-13-2009, 08:54 AM
My sister sent me this link. As far as I can tell it's real. You have to be sure and read the reviews. It's funny, sad, and infuriating all at the same time.

http://www.amazon.com/Playmobil-3172-Security-Check-Point/dp/B0002CYTL2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

BBD

wow, that is pretty wild. the world is changing and unfortunately it'll never be the same again. On the brightside added security measures have not only increased jobs at airports,courts but also more manufacturing and now toy making too.

csm
01-13-2009, 08:56 AM
wow. sad yet hilarious at the same time.

slowgoing
01-13-2009, 10:03 AM
I can't wait for the Playmobil waterboard.

William
01-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Funny and disturbing...though you've got to love some of the responses.

William

Hmmm, that reminds me of that SNL skit with Sharon Stone (just post Basic Instinct): "Airport Security Check".
Every time they have her go through the detector it doesn't make a sound...but one of the security guys starts making beeping noises trying to get her to remove articles of clothing each time she goes through.

"BEEP!, BEEP!, BEEP!..remove your jacket for security!!"

BEEP!, BEEP!, BEEP!...ARCH YOUR BACK FOR SECURITY!!!"

johnnymossville
01-13-2009, 01:06 PM
they probably sold at least 5 or 6 of those.

dvs cycles
01-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Maybe we could package some latex gloves and label it.....................MY FIRST STRIP SEARCH..............body cavity search optional.......void where prohibited by law. :no:

jimcav
01-13-2009, 02:47 PM
just the top 3, but i only found it funny. the only sad part is the back-story we (adults esp.) know led to it. Infuriating--not to me (ATMO), but over x-mas i found out many middle aged and up adults in my indiana hometown are "tired of hearing about iraq" because "we already won that war". So i find that a bit infuriating. But the upside is, just like little big horn, we now have a whole slew of case studies to teach at USMA and USNA on how not to do things.

jim