PDA

View Full Version : Mavic/Ultegra problem

Trialsin1
01-11-2009, 12:15 PM
I recently changed from a SRAM Force cassette to an Ultegra cassette on my Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels. The problem I am having is that the top 3-4 cogs are moving slightly. I think the little spacer where the cassette meets the hub behind the cassette is the problem. I must have misplaced or inadvertently not switch something over while making the change. If you've ever had this problem I'm sure this is a no brainer.

Anyone know what I have going on here?

dave thompson
01-11-2009, 12:31 PM
If it's a 10-speed cluster you've got, you will need that spacer in between the cassette and body. Remove your cassette to check if you've got in on. If not, it's most likely still stuck to the SRAM cassette

Trialsin1
01-11-2009, 12:35 PM
There's a little tiny spacer back there but I feel like there is another that is missing. I sold my SRAM cassette so it may be with its new owner..... :rolleyes:

Chris
01-11-2009, 12:42 PM
The mavic cassettes are typically longer than the shimano cassettes and require either a thicker spacer or two of the shimano spacers. Then! you have to go through your other wheels and make sure that they are spaced the same too so the shifting will line up. PITA.

Trialsin1
01-11-2009, 05:05 PM
I ended up over at the bike shop and picked up a Mavic spacer that you have to have along with the Shimano spacer. The wheels come with the spacers new. I don't ever remember seeing one on a Mavic Mt. Bike wheels though???

I must have given mine away when I sold my old cassette. $2.00 and I'm up and running again. Thanks for the help!