PDA

View Full Version : $1220 for Campy 11 Chorus?

ggross
01-10-2009, 02:58 PM
I talked to the folks at Lickbike about Campy Chorus and was quoted $1220 for the group. Sounds too good to be true. Everywhere else (in the US) has the group over $2000. Anyone have experience with these guys? Are they legit?

bigman
01-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Bellaisport had the group for 1100 a few weeks ago - they are tops.

paczki
01-10-2009, 03:21 PM
I don't see how that's possible. They have 2009 Centaur on their website for more.
I've dealt with them quite a bit. They're usually good.

Dave
01-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Sure they are legit. As noted, you can get a lower price from the UK, but $1220 for an 8-piece group would be very good from a US source. This suggests to me that they are ignoring the MAP policy, or perhaps there is a loophole, where you can sell for a price close to those of '08 as long as you don't advertise the price. Most places are advertising much higher prices.

Shiny Bikes is asking about $1000.

http://www.shinybikes.com/?cat=277

Dekonick
01-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Licbike is a reputable outfit. I have used them before and would do so again.

-dustin
01-10-2009, 09:07 PM
That's more than I paid and I mine was only marked up 10% (shop employee).

Marcusaurelius
01-10-2009, 10:17 PM
I've ordered a couple of times and they are legit and their prices are very good as weill. The will usually pricematch and beat it by 2% I believe.

-dustin
01-10-2009, 10:31 PM
I don't know if anyone's torn down a Chorus shifter, but in the small-parts catalog, Chorus and Record (maybe even SR) have the same part number listed for the shifter bodies.

haimtoeg
01-10-2009, 10:43 PM
lickbike are legit. I used them several times for fairly expensive items. They were pleasant to deal with and delivered as promised.

SoCalSteve
01-10-2009, 11:32 PM
lickbike are legit. I used them several times for fairly expensive items. They were pleasant to deal with and delivered as promised.

Unless you get Bob Lickton, he is NOT a pleasent person to deal with. His employee's are though and they usually have pretty good prices and are willing to match prices as well. I bought lots of Assos stuff from them over the years.

Steve

Dave
01-11-2009, 08:51 AM
I don't know if anyone's torn down a Chorus shifter, but in the small-parts catalog, Chorus and Record (maybe even SR) have the same part number listed for the shifter bodies.

Actually, all the 2009 shifters have the same body. Chorus and Record are totally identical, except for the lettering on the brake lever (that's some expensive lettering). Even Centaur and Veloce use the same internals, except of course, for the 10 speed index disc and front rachet. The SR shifters have cutouts in the brake lever and one Ti part that drops the weight 10-15 grams, but are otherwise identical to Chorus and Record (those are some very expensive grams).

johnnymossville
01-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Unless you get Bob Lickton, he is NOT a pleasent person to deal with. His employee's are though and they usually have pretty good prices and are willing to match prices as well. I bought lots of Assos stuff from them over the years.

Steve

maybe because his employees are giving away the store! :) :fight:

Grant McLean
01-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Actually, all the 2009 shifters have the same body. Chorus and Record are totally identical, except for the lettering on the brake lever (that's some expensive lettering). Even Centaur and Veloce use the same internals, except of course, for the 10 speed index disc and front rachet. The SR shifters have cutouts in the brake lever and one Ti part that drops the weight 10-15 grams, but are otherwise identical to Chorus and Record (those are some very expensive grams).

Maybe the Chorus group with a SR rear derailleur upgrade
is the smart way to get the value,
and a little pimpin' at the same time!

-g