PDA

View Full Version : Help with the age of my csi

dsimon
11-26-2004, 11:16 PM
i have seen here were you take the serial number of the bike and tell when it was made can you help me with mine i bought it used of roadbikereview about a year ago for 1200. any help would be appricative model number is cs54L 305 thanks for the help

Kevin
11-27-2004, 05:52 AM
e-mail the serial number to Serotta and they can give you the year and the spec sheet on the frame.

Kevin

Ken Robb
11-27-2004, 10:29 AM
that was my experience in the past but James said the Legend I just bought is too old to find in the data base. I was surprised because its serial # is very close to one of the demos they have listed for sale on their site. Mine supposedly went direct from Serotta to an unnamed bike industry guy so it may not have been recorded in the normal way since it didn't ship to a dealer?
You might compare your # to those listed as demo bikes for sale because most of them have model year listed. If your number is only 3 digits it sounds like an early frame.

dsimon
11-27-2004, 11:12 AM
THanks ill email serotta im thinking its a 1996-98 model still looks great but just curious. :beer: