PDA

View Full Version : ti frame with silver seatpost?

tv_vt
01-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Thinking about getting a Nitto S-83 post. I like the two-bolt adjustibility. Not sure how it would look on an unpainted ti frame with a black stem, though. Any pics out there? Another possibility is a black Shimano one-bolt post.

Thanks,

Thom

tuscanyswe
01-08-2009, 09:31 PM
theres alot of ti bikes around with silver or ti seatposts and black stems, no?

this is ti seatpost but u will get the idea. http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=54031&highlight=litespeed+tuscany

eddief
01-08-2009, 10:00 PM
the post must match the post clamp, stem, headset, spacers, rims, garage door, shoes, kit, bar tape, automobile paint job.

Ozz
01-09-2009, 07:45 AM
I have a silver stem and post (well, campy ti post) on my Legend....it looks just fine.

:beer:

jt2gt
01-09-2009, 08:25 AM
I have a silver stem and post (well, campy ti post) on my Legend....it looks just fine.

:beer:

Ozz...took a look at the Legend in your sig line...looks real nice. Of course...had to look at the CSI too. Man...was blown away by the CSI. Great Looking bike.

Kinda like the black stem/seatpost look for bare ti though....but silver is always a classy look that never goes out of style on any frame.

JT

tv_vt
01-09-2009, 09:54 AM
wow - that Legend is beautiful! And...just my size, too. Ti seatposts definitely look great w/ti frames.

Here's the bike in question. Thinking I don't need the huge setback post these days. Doesn't look too great, either, although it certainly works for the purpose intended.
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=37160

Dustin
01-09-2009, 09:59 AM
If you're gonna go raw ti, I say stick to a silver bullet theme, like my black sheep monster crosser:

Volant
01-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Fashion over function?

JeffS
01-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Fashion over function?

Because there's no silver seatposts on the market that are possibly capable of performing the complex task of holding a seat?

Ozz
01-09-2009, 11:51 AM
wow - that Legend is beautiful! And...just my size, too. Ti seatposts definitely look great w/ti frames.

Here's the bike in question. Thinking I don't need the huge setback post these days. Doesn't look too great, either, although it certainly works for the purpose intended.
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=37160
Thanks.....you could always spring for a Bold Precision post with a black clamp....I've been trying to talk myself into one of those for a couple years!

Ozz...took a look at the Legend in your sig line...looks real nice. Of course...had to look at the CSI too. Man...was blown away by the CSI. Great Looking bike.

Kinda like the black stem/seatpost look for bare ti though....but silver is always a classy look that never goes out of style on any frame.

JT
Thanks!

cody.wms
01-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Another example, also with ti post.

Bob Ross
01-10-2009, 04:26 PM
^^^ What kind of frame is that? Good lookin' bike...

KeithS
01-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Did you ever think about red Hudz? I like red. Red saddles, red cables, red bar tape....

But then what do I know, I've worn stripes with plaids.

tv_vt
01-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Is a nice lookin bike. Looks like a Litespeed, maybe? Polished ti looks good without decals.

What kind of seatpost is that on there? Also nice.

cody.wms
01-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks for all of the compliments.

Its a 59cm 2004 Litespeed Firenze. I removed the decals and polished it out shortly after buying it. Its easy to do, and I never liked how the raw ti looked.

The seatpost is an older (i'd guess mid 90s) litespeed post. Seattube is shimmed to 27.2 so it will fit.

I'll probably get a set of red hoods to experiment with soon. BTW, these are the Far and Near hoods that fairwheel bikes sells. I like them more than the hudz, since they are more like the original camag hoods.