PDA

View Full Version : A wonderful day......

dave thompson
11-26-2004, 07:41 AM
Thanksgiving was an absolutely splendid day, on so many levels. The weather was the definitive perfect fall day; bright and sunny with the temps in the low 50's. A great day for a ride, which we did and worked up quite an appetite.

Then the wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at a friend's house. Too much fabulous food, close friends and good company.

And a surprise phone call from our son, whom we haven't talked to in almost a month. It almost caused a meltdown in the middle of dinner as my wife and I passed the cell phone back and forth, each trying to catch up on his latest news on how he was, what he was doing and what's next for him. He's back at his base now, done with one battle, but preparing for the next go-around. Lots of tears when he had to hang up, but dinner tasted oh so much better!

Yes, it was a wonderful day!

Smiley
11-26-2004, 09:02 AM
Glad to hear that your son is safe and doing well . We'll pray for his safe return , We are all gratefull for the job he and his mates are doing to protect the freedom we don't take for granted . Thanks Dave for sharing .

gasman
11-26-2004, 10:05 AM
Dave-
I agree with Smiley. Our thoughts are with you and your family. How great a gift to talk with your son on Thanksgiving-just wonderful ! Glad to hear he is doing well and that you got out for a ride. :banana:

Also, love the new Avatar !

Kevin
11-26-2004, 10:12 AM
Dave,

I am glad to hear that you had a "family" Thanksgiving and that your son is doing well.

Kevin

Kevan
11-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Just when you think there couldn't be a better Thanksgiving, someone comes up with the better story. I wish for you and son, his safe and speedy return.

I got out Thursday with my two buddies Lloyd and Mikemets for a slippery wet bike ride that morning. I don't think I got five miles out when I lost control taking a sharp turn too fast. In hindsight, I panicked, hitting the rear brake too much causing the rear to fishtail, but I managed to unclip and keep upright as I went into this wooded yard. There were some rather nasty looking boulders placed out as a border, and I didn't think falling on them was much of an option, so standing I remained. I'm not too sure whether the bike would have stuck to the road, but I probably would have been better off trying to carve thru the turn, rather than freak-out. Not- :cool:

shinomaster
11-27-2004, 02:55 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Dave! Glad to hear your son is Well! :banana:

kenyee
11-27-2004, 08:42 AM
And a surprise phone call from our son, whom we haven't talked to in almost a month

Glad you got to have a family thankgiving :-)

ken