PDA

View Full Version : Where's the demo fleet?

Needs Help
11-25-2004, 06:54 AM
Hi,

I remember mavic1010 saying something about the demo fleet's location being on the website. I looked everywhere, bu I couldn't find it.

Blastinbob
11-25-2004, 08:23 AM
It's probably hibernating ! :)

Ken Robb
11-25-2004, 10:32 AM
this seems to be one area where Serotta really needs to do better. A couple of weeks ago the fleet was in Agoura Hills (north of LA) and scheduled for "X" days. At least one poster here planned to go ride them toward the end of the scheduled stay but found that someone decided to move them to San Diego instead of staying in Agoura Hills the whole time. I heard a rumor to that effect and eMailed Serotta for the new info and could only learn that they were going to be in Tucson by 11/19/04. I called one dealer in San Diego who said the shop in Solana Beach had the fleet and that they hadn't had enough warning of the arrival to alert potential customers like me of their availability. When I finally called the correct dealer the guy who answered the phone didn't know what I was talking about. After checking with other people in the store someone got on the phone to say that the bikes had been there but they had left an hour before!
What the heck is the use of having a test fleet that can't be found?
As it developed for me, instead of ordering a C111 I bought the used Legend for less than I would have spent on the C111 so if that fits me this was a lucky break.

Needs Help
11-26-2004, 03:11 AM
Thanks. :(

bostondrunk
11-26-2004, 09:57 AM
I think it was last seen at the Merry Meadows Retirement Community. :p

Serotta PETE
11-26-2004, 01:22 PM
:) At Sandy's House

Serotta_James
11-26-2004, 07:26 PM
The demo fleet was in St. Louis this past weekend. For the rest of this calendar year the fate of the demo fleet is uncertain.
Once we get the new schedule it will be posted on the website.
We are going to publish a full schedule shortly.

BumbleBeeDave
11-26-2004, 08:30 PM
. . . out hunting U-boats? . . .

. . . sneaking up on Sandy’s bike and pushing it off the post? . . .

. . . steaming toward Jutland to meet Admiral Jellicoe in battle?

BBDave

dirtdigger88
11-26-2004, 10:10 PM
The demo fleet was in St. Louis this past weekend. For the rest of this calendar year the fate of the demo fleet is uncertain.
Once we get the new schedule it will be posted on the website.
We are going to publish a full schedule shortly.

Ok now I am mad- why not do a better job letting people know where it will be!! I would have jumped at the chance to see the fleet :crap:

jason

Ken Robb
11-27-2004, 09:59 AM
OK Dave, If the fleet were hunting u-boats they might have been Adm. Jellicoe's fleet. I guess my hopes of ever finding this are sunk. groannnnnnnnn

BumbleBeeDave
11-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Looks like you should “wave” goodbye to seeing the demo fleet this year. Looks like the Serotta folks are barely keeping their heads above water keeping it going. But if they keep it going next year I’m sure it will be a “Titanic” success! ;)

BBDave