PDA

View Full Version : props to my new shoes!

johnnymossville
01-03-2009, 09:56 PM
I got some new SIDI Genius 5's for X-Mas and I just wanted to give them some love here. They are my first pair of SIDI shoes. I did a 4+ hour ride today and my feet came home in great shape! Here's my review;

Put them on and forget about them.

Louis
01-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Over the years I've worn three other brands and without a doubt the Sidi's have been the best. No foot / shoe pain issues for me ever since I switched over about 12 years ago. :)

johnnymossville
01-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Over the years I've worn three other brands and without a doubt the Sidi's have been the best. No foot / shoe pain issues for me ever since I switched over about 12 years ago. :)

Nice to hear.

Same here with other brands. I should have gotten a pair of SIDI's earlier I guess. I'm looking forward to a long relationship with these. LOL

alancw3
01-04-2009, 06:16 AM
is there any other shoe? sidi genius shoes are great. their mesh shoe is great in hot weather!

dancinkozmo
01-04-2009, 07:24 AM
+1 on terrific sidi's...although i find them a bit loose in the heel, ive got 3 pair. genius 5 road shoes, dominator 5 mtb, and storm for foul weather. by the way sierra trading post has genius 5 in black or white for 199.95 , you can usually get an extra 20% off with an online coupon...160 for genius 5's aint too bad !

Louis
01-04-2009, 12:59 PM
sidi genius shoes are great. their mesh shoe is great in hot weather!

Absolutely. Some folks don't realize this. The mesh is noticeably cooler than the Lorica and the thing to use when it's really hot. I use ~75* as the tipping point. Above that mesh, below that Lorica.