PDA

View Full Version : Keep the good spirit going, give it forward

Gothard
01-03-2009, 09:09 AM
As you may have noticed, I have been giving away some small stuff on the classifieds.
I would like to encourage all of you people to do the same.
Rules are simple:
Don't give something you may miss later on.
Don't give crapppy stuff. Only functional parts should be offered.
Don't think. You'd be surprised to see that people need obscure parts sometimes and don't know where to look for them.
Dont lose money. Ask for shipping to be covered.

As my boss says, "even Kings love presents".

Smiley
01-03-2009, 09:15 AM
"Pay it Forward" the movie with Haley Joe Osmond and Helen Hunt and Kevin Spacey. Very nice :)

Gothard
01-04-2009, 06:11 AM
Wow...
Talk about a public faceplant... :bike:

ejh
01-04-2009, 07:34 AM
I've been doing the pay it foward for about 6 years. paying for other peoples coffee at a shop in town. It is a good feeling to do something for someone without them knowing who did it.

Karin Kirk
01-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Excellent sentiment George, especially this time of year and with financial issues for so many.

I have some cycling items that I've been meaning to give away that I will do soon, thank you for the reminder.

Last week I brought some perfectly nice but un-needed ski gear into our instructor locker room with a sign "free for new instructors, Merry Christmas." I didn't sign the note because I didn't want props for it, I just wanted this useful stuff to help out some starving ski instructors. The next time I came into the locker room, everything was gone, so that's good! Now that I know that works so well, I will dig around and see what else is lying around here.

Pay it Forward was an excellent movie, btw! :)

RPS
01-04-2009, 12:27 PM
A friend upgraded his bike and gave me his entire 9-speed Dura-Ace group. It was a great gesture on his part and greatly appreciated.