PDA

View Full Version : Fork replacement?

Banjers51
01-01-2009, 09:30 AM
I need to replace a Serotta 02 fork (steerer tube is cracked above the expansion plug :( ), and am looking for something comparable. Based solely on observation, the 02 appears to be strikingly similar to a Reynolds Ouzo Pro that I have on another bike--same profile (or at least so close that I can't tell the difference) and obviously similar in general appearance and materials. So, I turn to the experts out there with the following questions: any reason not to assume that the Ouzo Pro will yield the same ride characteristics as the 02, given identical rake? Am I missing something significant here between the two forks? This is admittedly way out of my area of knowledge, having largely ridden nothing but steel frames/forks until recently, so thanks for any help you all can provide.

Happy New Year to all you Forumites!

Banjers51
"Putcher fangers on the strangs" E.Scruggs

Smiley
01-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Same fork, is this a warranty crack ?

They will tell you that the O2 has a better lay up but its the same mold. If it was me I'd just buy a F3 fork cause good luck finding any new Reynolds forks right now.

Richard
01-01-2009, 10:14 AM
They are identical.

palincss
01-01-2009, 10:25 AM
If it was me I'd just buy a F3 fork cause good luck finding any new Reynolds forks right now.

Why is that? Has Reynolds gone bankrupt?

David Kirk
01-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Why is that? Has Reynolds gone bankrupt? No. As I understand it they are introducing a new line of forks and they let the old one sell down first.

dave

jemoryl
01-01-2009, 11:02 AM
But the 'old' Reynolds forks can be had at a very attractive price if you watch eBay. I grabbed a new integrated Ouzo Pro for about $100 net after the (now sadly departed) Microsoft Live 30% rebate.

Pete Serotta
01-01-2009, 11:17 AM
I do not know what the problem with Serotta Fork is BUT if it was not in a crash, has not met with a garage door, etc....you should contact your Serotta dealer and have him look at it and call Serotta on MONDAY.

Good luck.....PETE