PDA

View Full Version : PT Rehab Total Motion Realease

beungood
12-29-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm about two weeks into physical therapy to rehab injuries from a bad broadside car accident a month after a motorcycle spill. The two together gave me some Soft tissue trauma. The Pt people want to be conservative and I want to get better and am frustrated and want to go more aggressive. I am seeing results and along with the PT am getting Chiropractic adjustments and massage therapy.

A friend and her triathlete/iron man husband sent me a link to a site called Total Motion Release.com There treatment modality is focusing on the good side (opposite side)of a bad injury and getting back range of motion and flexibilty. It is by a guy from North Carolina. The site lets you download a free e-book and routine.

Any one have any experience with this TMR treatment? There is a number of examples on you tube but due to my job Im skeptical and think it's too good to be true...

Jack

pale scotsman
12-30-2008, 08:21 AM
My advice is don't rush it. Two weeks of pt isn't crap. Injuries like that can take 6 months or more to heal properly. Trust me bro, everytime I think I'm going to end up being a gimp from some dumbass wreck, atb or mx, there will come a day when I wake up and the pain is gone. It's not going to happen overnight.

William
12-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Dude,

You know the drill. If you're hurting on one side, we knee, round kick, or beat the other side with sticks. Nulifies the pain...remember? ;)

Heal up bro, we're missing you down here. :cool:

William

link
12-30-2008, 10:58 AM
I've always welcomed experimenting with "new" ideas in body work/repair. If it's not going to hurt you, then give 'er a go.

It seems that their premise is that focusing on the spot that ails you isn't always the most effective way to find a path of recovery and repair. Trigger Point Therapy is similar in that premise. I think I can find some relation between TP and TMR.

I recently started using Trigger Point Therapy. It's very effective for releasing adhesions in the soleus, periformus, IT, soas etc. Those adhesions are directly related to injury prone areas in other parts of the body that would otherwise seem to be totally unrelated areas. So a tight soleus can be the cause of back pain.

I'm going to check out this TMR stuff. Looks interesting.

beungood
12-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the advice, I have some home excercises to do and this weekend I did a few extra rounds and was real sore Sunday to the point I used Motrin,Muscle relaxer and after 30 minutes looking at the bottle a vicadin needless to say I didnt feel anything after a half hour.

The PT people said they worried after seeing me saying I llok like I was the type to do way more and they would have to hold me back some. I guess they were right. I did throttle back after being sore and did just the stretching portion and they said that was a good move. They also wanted the website of that TMR guy.

William I did think one of your fullhouse thai round kicks to my good leg and back would maybe fix things, after all it did get rid of a fullblown migraine. Miss you guys down there, feel like this will take forever!