PDA

View Full Version : Armstrong not shooting blanks...

1centaur
12-23-2008, 06:24 PM
...got some 'splainin' to do. That story is just unbelievable. This guy is a publicity machine. Sheryl Crow will appreciate the irony.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/12/23/armstrong.baby/index.html

Steve in SLO
12-23-2008, 06:29 PM
That's:
Pretty cool for him and all cancer survivors.
or
Not his.

girlie
12-23-2008, 06:31 PM
When did he officially come out of retirement ;) She's do in June......

girlie

gomez308
12-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Well, Lance's girlfriend is having a baby.

David Kirk
12-23-2008, 07:04 PM
That's what I call a "comeback".

ba da dum!

dave

CNY rider
12-23-2008, 07:20 PM
At least it's not an Olsen!

Ripple
12-23-2008, 07:23 PM
lol :)

ba da dum!

dave

BumbleBeeDave
12-23-2008, 07:34 PM
. . . OBVIOUSLY: does this Hansen woman look like LA's mom?

Several Google searches have not turned up any pics of this mysterious "Anna Hansen." Until I see a valid pic of her to answer this hugely important question, I'm just going to believe this revelation is yet another part of his PR machine's efforts to convince the world that he has not lost his, uh, potency as a cyclist!

BBD

Z3c
12-23-2008, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=BumbleBeeDave]. . . OBVIOUSLY: does this Hansen woman look like LA's mom?

Several Google searches have not turned up any pics of this mysterious "Anna Hansen." Until I see a valid pic of her to answer this hugely important question, I'm just going to believe this revelation is yet another part of his PR machine's efforts to convince the world that he has not lost his, uh, potency as a cyclist!

BBD- I am with you on this one! Picture the Springer stage; it will look like mulitiple generations of the same women.. Wow, it only gets better, as whomever said, truth is stranger than fiction!

I love this sport but sometimes I don't if I should laugh or cry..

Scott

Ken Robb
12-23-2008, 08:38 PM
so if a guy had lots of radiation treatments "down there" what effect would they have on genetic stuff passed on to a kid?

BumbleBeeDave
12-23-2008, 08:46 PM
so if a guy had lots of radiation treatments "down there" what effect would they have on genetic stuff passed on to a kid?

. . . Lance's mother? :rolleyes:

BBD

Floyd Dakil
12-23-2008, 08:57 PM
His girlfriend competed in the Leadville 100.

wildboar
12-23-2008, 09:18 PM
http://www.bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/anna-hansen-followed-by-lance-armstrong.JPG

1343 Anna Hansen Edwards CO 27 F F2

fiamme red
12-23-2008, 09:25 PM
This is nuts atmo. :banana:

Viper
12-23-2008, 09:43 PM
AP Press - Interview of Lance's nut, "I'm sorry you didn't believe...I never retired."
Tuesday December 23, 2008

Today Lance Armstrong's nut offered a shot hear round the world, when tests revealed that Armstrong's girlfriend, Anna Hansen, was preggo with his baby. Lance's nut offered, "And finally the last thing I'll say for the people that didn't believe in me, the cynics, the skeptics, I'm sorry for you, I'm sorry you can't dream big and I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles. I never retired." Before leaving the press conference Armstrong's nut offered, "Please, I have to get back to work and I hope the media embraces the medical miracle of the American from Texas. Viva le nut. I have one last thing to say, I like salsa."

:beer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxtxQQLkJ0

slowgoing
12-24-2008, 12:58 AM
So EPO cures infertility?

Either that, or Lance isn't the only one cheatin'.

Let's see if the baby looks like Jan....

William
12-24-2008, 06:20 AM
http://tshirtreviews.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/nuts120gallery_normal.jpg

http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_430xN.16202443.jpg

http://cns.bu.edu/~nicks/nuts.jpg

http://www.annalexbute.co.uk/Graphix/nuts-montage-1.jpg

http://snackspot.org.uk/images/kpSantasBigNutsGammonAndMustard.jpg

http://clipmarks.com/image_cache/alanocu/512/FACB831B-F2D1-43E3-8B70-C8FEE4462379.jpg

http://beaviswood.net/images/nutsack-elvis.jpg.jpeg

http://www.alchemyworx.com/skysports/ezine/august_05/wk26/lp/nuts/nuts_wives.jpg

;) :)

Gothard
12-24-2008, 06:32 AM
I have not read every mail, but I find it deeply disturbing that one would make a story, or worse, jokes about someone else expecting a child. It is the most wonderful thing ever and we should congratulate them and rejoice.

BumbleBeeDave
12-24-2008, 06:56 AM
. . . if I had some better evidence that he was going to be there for her and the child. How much time do you think he spends with his kids now? He jets home from training to go to their Christmas pageant? Great.

The news story says he's "thrilled." Well, of course he's "thrilled." I'd be thrilled, too, if I thought my one remaining gonad was ruined for life, then found out it still works.

Of course you could reply it's none of my GD business. And in this instance you'd be absolutely right. So good luck to them! I just hope for her sake they really are in love and she really does make him happy and vice versa and this isn't just the unintended result of some conquest while he was in town for the Livestrong ride. :(

BBD

Elefantino
12-24-2008, 06:59 AM
Note to those of you (us) who have had vasectomies:

Avoid Concors saddles.

William
12-24-2008, 06:59 AM
I have not read every mail, but I find it deeply disturbing that one would make a story, or worse, jokes about someone else expecting a child. It is the most wonderful thing ever and we should congratulate them and rejoice.

You are 100% correct. it is one of the most amazing experiences in life. Other than that, we're just poking fun. No one here wishes him, his girlfriend, or coming child any harm.

William

girlie
12-24-2008, 07:09 AM
I'm with BBD...she's screwed twice on his one.

girlie

93legendti
12-24-2008, 07:18 AM
I have not read every mail, but I find it deeply disturbing that one would make a story, or worse, jokes about someone else expecting a child...
Agreed.

Why is there a deep, burning need to comment (negatively) on everything Mr. Armstrong does?

The Giro will be on VS. in 2009. Thank you Lance!

Kines
12-24-2008, 08:03 AM
I don't like to do much thinking about such things, but so far my thoughts are:

LA in September: "It's OK baby, I'm sterile"

LA in December: "Oh S#!t"

KN

1centaur
12-24-2008, 08:46 AM
It is not "the most wonderful thing ever" since it's difficult to feel wonder, let alone the ultimate version, at something that occurs tens of millions of times a year among humans (and billions of times a year among mammals) in a most predictable fashion. It is mundane biology, regardless of the feelings society has created around it.

Nor is it "deeply disturbing" to comment on this particular example of reproduction. A major celebrity who is famously sterile has a medical miracle in the middle of ramping up a massive PR campaign to publicize his fight against the disease that made him sterile, thereby amplifying his quest significantly. That is remarkable, incredible even, and thus we are remarking. Those who believe that this life we share is worth living with humor are also employing that method of commenting.

Laughter comes from being surprised in a good way. This event is a surprise, and it's far from serious enough to make it a humor-free topic. Once we have been amused once it is normal to try to keep the string going. I have laughed at several of the entries in this thread. Thank you.

Chris
12-24-2008, 09:00 AM

Hold on....my side hurts...that...no hold on, still hurts...okay, that was some funny stuff. You are one funny guy.

thrasher
12-25-2008, 11:47 PM
I'd like to see the DNA test results.

shinomaster
12-26-2008, 01:36 AM

ba da dum!

dave

Oh that is terrible! :no:

slowgoing
12-26-2008, 01:56 AM
Some are calling this a miracle, that's what I'm joking about. Before I'm willing go that far, I want the same kind of evidence that we would expect to see whenever any infertile man claims he's having a baby - proof that it's his. My bet is that not being the father happens a lot more than miracles.

thrasher
12-26-2008, 03:08 AM
My bet is that not being the father happens a lot more than miracles.
That's where blind faith comes in.

I saw Jesus in my toast this morning.
I ate it, sorta like a big Communion wafer.

I figured bigger was better in this case so I polished it off with a bottle of Night Train.

michael white
12-26-2008, 08:02 AM
was it the same French lab?

CNY rider
12-26-2008, 08:19 AM
was it the same French lab?

Golden retriever, I believe.

thrasher
12-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Cocker

toaster
12-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Maybe Lance's girlfriend prefers it fresh not frozen.

Still, once that baby's delivered I think it requires drug testing. :)

KeithS
12-26-2008, 08:17 PM
I just spent Christmas with my Brother in-law and his family. He had testicular cancer when he was 16 and he rides single like Lance. He has four kids from 27 to 2. When he got his girlfriend pregnant at 17 they were both quite surprised. Happened again with a girlfriend at 45 (now wife #3). Same surprise.

When he got his vasectomy last year he insisted that he get his at half price, his Dr. (and a pretty good friend) came right back with - standard practice is to charge for the first one, second one's free...

gemship
12-26-2008, 09:06 PM
I just spent Christmas with my Brother in-law and his family. He had testicular cancer when he was 16 and he rides single like Lance. He has four kids from 27 to 2. When he got his girlfriend pregnant at 17 they were both quite surprised. Happened again with a girlfriend at 45 (now wife #3). Same surprise.

When he got his vasectomy last year he insisted that he get his at half price, his Dr. (and a pretty good friend) came right back with - standard practice is to charge for the first one, second one's free...

:banana: ha,ha that is some great stuff!

gemship
12-26-2008, 09:08 PM
I recall this dude that works at my lbs saying, Lance is a freak of nature. So true

Russity
12-27-2008, 01:50 AM
....he gets more of a pasting than Oedipus ever did! Why doesn't he just marry his mom and be done with it? Surely that sort of thing is allowed in Texas?

That way, he'd get the woman of his dreams, she'd never have to worry about him leaving her and his son would be the best thing he could ever ask for...himself. evryone's a winner.....just a thought?

yodelinpol
12-27-2008, 05:24 AM
That's where blind faith comes in.

I saw Jesus in my toast this morning.
I ate it, sorta like a big Communion wafer.

I figured bigger was better in this case so I polished it off with a bottle of Night Train.

I just laughed loud enough to wake my family up.

yodelinpol
12-27-2008, 05:25 AM

Again, I just laughed loud enough to wake the family up..

sg8357
12-27-2008, 08:02 PM

Well according to comic book physics , you get the Incredible Hulk,
who would be a hell of a sprinter.

Russity
12-28-2008, 02:07 AM
Well according to comic book physics , you get the Incredible Hulk,
who would be a hell of a sprinter.

And would good in a green jersey too...

csm
12-28-2008, 08:40 AM
speaking of lance's mom...

mikki
12-28-2008, 10:09 PM
. . . if I had some better evidence that he was going to be there for her and the child. How much time do you think he spends with his kids now? He jets home from training to go to their Christmas pageant? Great.

The news story says he's "thrilled." Well, of course he's "thrilled." I'd be thrilled, too, if I thought my one remaining gonad was ruined for life, then found out it still works.

Of course you could reply it's none of my GD business. And in this instance you'd be absolutely right. So good luck to them! I just hope for her sake they really are in love and she really does make him happy and vice versa and this isn't just the unintended result of some conquest while he was in town for the Livestrong ride. :(

BBD

With the background of Lance's relationships, I am doubtful this will be anything other than another child support check Lance's team will write monthly in short time. So sad and I would so love to be wrong. Maybe Lance may see this as more about his sexuality and manhood than the invitro babies and stick around longer. I hope so for the baby's sake. I say this as a Lance cyclist fan too. I think this year's Tour De France will be much more watched as a result of his participation; good for cycling. Truth certainly is stranger than fiction!