PDA

View Full Version : Selling Mtn stuff?

lavi
12-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Where's the best place to sell mtn gear using a forum? Is it mtbr? You never really see much if any mtn stuff here even though lots of us ride mtn too.

Thanks...

mtb_frk
12-18-2008, 09:08 PM
I just put my frame up on mtbr. The only responses I`ve got so far sound like scams. There is a lot of stuff on there, and it is a popular website so I imagine it is a good place to sell stuff.

sbornia
12-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Depending on where you live, Craigslist may work well. I just sold a bunch of mtb parts that way.

Edit: Doh! Just saw PDX in your post. That's a big enough city for there to be riders looking for deals.

lavi
12-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Yeah, craigslist is a good thing, sometimes. In Portland, it works well for selling baby strollers and hooking up with other dudes. On the bike side of life, it seems like all the weirdos come out offering half baked trade propositions...."dude, like I'll give you 3 cans of PBR and a Phish tshirt for your $3K downhill rig"...

I haven't had much luck. Most stuff for bikes on craigslist here is either junk or clapped out Treks and Specialized...

I still post on it though. It keeps my expectations of humanity low. :)

sbornia
12-18-2008, 10:27 PM
"dude, like I'll give you 3 cans of PBR and a Phish tshirt for your $3K downhill rig"...

Too funny!

Bikeforums.net may have a classifieds section you could try.

markie
12-18-2008, 10:35 PM
I do well selling MTB stuff here...

It is worth a try selling here it is free and the people honest. What is to lose? If it does not go here then I end up using ebay.

When I tried Craigslist I just got time wasters and weirdos.

rockdude
12-19-2008, 08:19 AM
I do well selling MTB stuff here...

It is worth a try selling here it is free and the people honest. What is to lose? If it does not go here then I end up using ebay.

When I tried Craigslist I just got time wasters and weirdos.

+1. Many of us spend lots of time on our MTB...